Prism reflector does not come back after upgrading

Posted on
Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 pm
ron s offline

Prism reflector does not come back after upgrading

I don't upgrade often but the last time I did (March) I lost access to the reflector. Time did not allow me to troubleshoot so I just opened up another reflector. Today I updated to B12 and lost the reflector again. It gives me this every 15 minutes:

Error failed to create reflector connection: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/PrismReflector/id_rsa.pub'
Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 15 minutes

Help would be appreciated.

RonS

Posted on
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism reflector does not come back after upgrading

Hi Ron,

The file permission or owner for that file is not set correctly. Indigo's installer automatically tries to fix those problems, so I'm surprised you are seeing it.

Do you have more than one OS X user account on your Mac?

Follow the steps on this wiki article to run our permission fixer app. I am not confident it will fix the problem since it does the same logic as the installer, but it will give us more debugging information. Be sure and follow all the steps, and note on step 6 you will copy the resulting log out so that you can paste it into a forum reply for me.

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 pm
ron s offline

Thanks Matt.
I ran the script and this is what it said in the window:

-- Indigo Folder/File Permission Fixer --
Home User: root
ID User: root
Folder: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6

ERROR: Home User owner should never be root. Try repairing file permissions with Disk Utility app first.

drwxrwxrwx 26 root admin 884 Aug 6 17:39 /Users/ron

I ran the disk utility to repair the permissions, but the permissions in the problem folder were not changed, so I went to Get Info on /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6 and did an apply permissions to all enclosed folders. It appears to have worked.

Thanks,
ron s

Posted on
Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah your home user folder (/Users/ron) should definitely not have 'root' as the owner. Some rogue installer probably stomped on it.

Page 1 of 1