Finished programming.....do I need to keep paying?

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:57 am
trevorsmith offline

Finished programming.....do I need to keep paying?

As I now have a working system thanks to your great software I dont have a need for upgrades/bug fixes. If I stop paying the annual subscription, I guess I'll lose the Prism doo-dah so I won't be able to use a control page from a remote location, but will Indigo itself still function in the home?

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Finished programming.....do I need to keep paying?

trevorsmith wrote:
As I now have a working system thanks to your great software I dont have a need for upgrades/bug fixes. If I stop paying the annual subscription, I guess I'll lose the Prism doo-dah so I won't be able to use a control page from a remote location, but will Indigo itself still function in the home?

Yes, Indigo Touch will continue to work when your device is on the same network as your Indigo Server. And Indigo will continue to function as long as nothing in the environment changes to break it (for instance, a major macOS release breaks something).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:35 am
trevorsmith offline

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Lastly, note that if you later decide to get the subscription (say you update your macOS and the current version stops working because of an incompatibility) then you have a 12 month window during which you can catch-up (back pay) for the expired subscription. You still have to pay for the subscription for the missed months however. After if you are further expired than 12 months then there isn't a way to resume the subscription without buying a new license.

Posted on
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:04 pm
durosity offline

Also bare in mind if you replace a module in the future due to failure it may be only compatible with newer versions of indigo!

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1