Should reflector restart when Mac reboots?

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:28 am
tonycolin offline

Should reflector restart when Mac reboots?

I'm away overseas and the Mac Mini that runs my system was subjected to a power cut yesterday. When the power was restored, the Mac rebooted, but I cannot us the reflector.

Unfortunately the machine is unattended! Anything I can do?

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:32 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Should reflector restart when Mac reboots?

At this point, probably not. In the future, install TeamViewer (free for personal use) on the Mac. Then you can connect remotely and start things up.

I use Screen Sharing for local control, but not from a remote location.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The reflector should definitely start and connect automatically when the Indigo Server starts up. Do you know if the Mac rebooted successfully?

Posted on
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:59 pm
tonycolin offline

Thanks Matt. I cannot check until I get back to the machine next week. I’ll report back then

Posted on
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:50 pm
lanbrown offline

Is the machine set for auto logon?

http://www.indigodomo.com/support.html

Can I run Indigo Server under a non-administrator OS X user account?
The default installation of the Indigo Server requires that the admin OS X user account under which it was installed be logged in and running. However, as detailed on the online forums, it is possible to run the Indigo Server under other user accounts with some file/folder permission changes. Note, however, that this is an unsupported configuration.

Is it possible to run the Indigo Server as a daemon before any users are logged in?
As detailed on the online forum, it is possible to run the Indigo Server before any OS X user account is logged in. There are limitations, however, to launching Indigo Server in this fashion. For example, Z-Wave and plugin support will be disabled. Note also that this is an unsupported configuration.

A better (and supported) option is to setup a separate user account that runs Indigo. Then, with fast user switching, you can switch between individual user accounts while keeping the Indigo-specific account (and Indigo Server) running in the background.

Page 1 of 1