Reflector connection is currently down.

Posted on
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:32 pm
fresnomac offline

Reflector connection is currently down.

I just upgraded to Leapord - I was thinking everything was going great but now I am getting this message.... "Reflector connection is currently down."

I restarted the indigo server - restarted my mini mac - restarted my airport...

NOthing seems to work....

I did not change any setting after installing Leapord. Can you give me some ideas of how to get my Relector account to start working again - I loved the internet access so much.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Tim

Posted on
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reflector connection is currently down.

Hi Tim,

I checked the reflector server (and my reflector connection) and all seems good on this end. I think something about your configuration became broken.

The file permissions of some of the reflector authentication key files have to be just right, or it won't work. Open up the Terminal and type the following (copy/paste each line individually and press return after each line):

Code: Select all
cd /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 2/Preferences/PrismReflector

ls -al

chmod ugo-x *

chmod o-rwx *

chmod g-rw id_rsa

ls -al

Copy/paste the results from the Terminal window into a forum post so I can take a look at it. Then restart your Mac and see if works. Also please copy/paste what you see in the Event Log for the first 30 seconds or so after Indigo starts up and tries to create the reflector connection.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 am
fresnomac offline

Thanks Matt

I uploaded the latest copy of indigo - and ran the Leapord Patch and all well. thank you so much for your efforts - that is so awesome.

Tim

Page 1 of 1