This release fixes a problem with the 1014 relay board that appeared in 0.3.2 and adds a few new features. See the release notes below for more information.
If you are upgrading from a release prior to 0.3.2 you should re-configure all your Phidget devices:
- Open the device
- Click Edit Device Settings...
<optionally make any changes you wish>
- Click Save
- Close the device window.
- Reload the Phidgets plugin
Here are the release notes for the past few releases:
- v 0.2.5 Jan 10, 2013
- Added support for calibration/configuration info for sensors (1134, 1142 & 1143)
Fixed bugs in the threading model that limited the plugin to 1 phidget per type.
v 0.2.6 Jan 11, 2013
- Fixed bug in decimal display for ifkit attached sensors
v 0.3.0 Jan 11, 2013
- Added 2 generic sensors: 0-5 volts and 0-1000 sensor value
Fixed bug in which subsequent attempts to configure a sensor/di or do device only showed 2 ports.
Fixed bug requiring redefinition of a sensor to set states
Added values for Indigo DEVICE table 'address' column. Sensors = ifkit device name, others = IP Address.
Added support for ambient temp sensor on 1048 - PhidgetTemperatureSensor 4-Input
v 0.3.1 Jan 12, 2013
- Added address column support for USB connected devices
Cleaned up test logging code (debug info logged as errors)
v 0.3.2 Jan 12, 2013
- Fixed issue with RFID reader antenna not indicating state at start.
Added code to update onboardLED at start
Fixed a minor bug that caused a non-fatal error when creating a new sensor/DO/DO device
Fixed problem where interface kits did not have an address assigned
Fixed problem where standalone temp sensor did not indicate online
Fixed issue with decimalPlace control in the Indigo GUI
Fixed issue which confused input and output counts in ifkits
v 0.4.0 Jan 15, 2013
- Added ability to set decimal precision (0 to 4 places) for sensors in the config UI
Changed device ui to better control displayed data for ifkits w/o sensors
Added ability to set thermocouple type and sensitivity for 1048 and 1051 Phidgets devices
Revised logging to show device name after setup complete
Added custom sensor type 0999c with user defined formula (see below)
The following issues still exist:
- After adding a new interface kit or standalone Phidget you must reload the plugin
(You do not need to restart after adding a sensor to an InterfaceKit)
- You must reload the plugin after changing the logging level (plugin config))
For the new 0999c sensor type you may add your own custom formula. If no formula is entered the formula defaults to the reported sensor output: 0 - 1000. In the formula x must be used to represent the reading as reported by the interface kit. You may then apply any changes to that. Note that a formula of x is the same as no formula, the value reported by the interface kit is used with no changes. Here are a few examples:
- x/3 [x ÷ 3]
- (3.141*)**x [the area of a circle with radius = x]
- x*2.20462 [convert a weight (x) in pounds, to kilograms]
- -x [x expressed as a negative number]
- int(x/5.5) [the integer part of x/5.5]
- x>=500 [0 if x is less than 500, 1 if it is greater]
- math.sin(x) [The sine of x]
- etc. Have fun
Note that all python arithmetic operators (+, -, *, /, //. % and **) are supported. Many math functions (abs(), int() and others are also supported. And, you can also use any functions in the math module (math.sin(), math.cos, math.pi, etc.).
As usual, please post any issues, questions, problems, ideas and suggestions to the Phidgets Discussion forum.