After some false starts and some really great work by the guys at Parliant, I'm pleased to announce an integration between Indigo and PhoneValet. This integration does two things:
1) Create some variables in Indigo that represent various information about PhoneValet data (# of new calls, last caller, etc.). You can then use this data in other scripts or actions, or even show the data on your control pages. Image being able to see who the last caller was to your home over the internet, or how many new calls you have waiting without having to call in to PhoneValet!
2) Use the text-to-speech system of your Mac along with PhoneValet to create answering machine functionality. This is particularly useful if you're using Airfoil to direct your sound through a whole-house av system; or, even, to an AppleTV in your living room. Use an Insteon controller (or any type of controller including an IR remote) to control your voicemail from anywhere in the house and use your whole-house audio to listen! Each VM menu as spoken by the system will also time-out after 30 seconds as well, so if you don't take any action the system will shut down automatically.
I've uploaded it to the file library. Note the system requirements:
• Indigo 3.0.3 or later
• PhoneValet Message Center 5.4.2 or later (and, I believe, PhoneValet Home Edition 1.1.2 or later, but that isn't out yet nor is it tested). This version was released by Parliant on 9/8/2008.
• Play Sound 1.6.7 or later
• the "iTunes attachment.scpt" file must be active in Indigo (it is on by default in all Indigo installations)
Feel free to dissect the various scripts to see how they work. This is a pretty complex integration, so I've included an installer script that will either do a "clean install" which will delete any previous installation attempts and install OR it will try to fix an integration that's gotten hosed somehow.
Feel free to post any questions here you might have about it.