iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 pm
GlennNZ offline

iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

Hi all,

Hopefully not stepping on any toes :shock: - but have taken FlyingDiver iRoomba plugin (Thanks!) (which is no longer working given firmware changes) and used it as base to rewrite a new Plugin to support the iRoomba mqtt communication protocol. (as of firmware v.2.2.9-1 20th May 2017). This was helped a lot by a recent python library for roomba control.

Currently - have it functioning well and it enables a continuous connection to one Roomba-980 or multiple intermittent connections to two or more Roombas (although cannot test that aspect - as only have one sadly)

The benefit of continuous connection is status is updated immediately - so can trigger events to occur which happen within a few seconds; Status is immediately updated.
The library I am using also supports mapping/drawing a map of cleaning - which I would imagine would look good on a control page. (I haven't worked through those aspects as yet - but have it on a todo list)

Have it running for longer (currently a week without connection issue) and bug testing, also slowly adding further items pulled from the mqtt iroomba stream.

Installation:

Needs paho-mqtt for python installed via terminal window:
Via terminal Window:
Code: Select all
 <sudo> pip install paho-mqtt 

Download and Install from GitHub as below link:

v.0.1.0
Bug fixes - dealing with periodic iroomba disconnections or mqtt failure

v.0.0.8
Bug fixes
Add X/Y to device
Less error logging
Reconnects to iroomba stepwise if loses connection

v.0.0.5
- Supports continuous connection (most tested currently) to one iRoomba or intermittent to multiple
- Supports Actions Stop/Start/Pause/Dock sent immediately with continuous connection, or within 15 seconds with intermittent connection.
- Status updates immediate (with continuous and more information) or as set in time-interval with intermittent
- Saves config details to file in Documents/Indigo-iRoomba for each IP address of Roomba
(can delete, recreate devices and will use same config/password for same IP address)
- Get Password from Config Page - works and pulls/saves password (some tidying up of messaging needed)
- Enable/Disable Debug mqtt communication as very verbose (and otherwise Indigo would save all to debug log)

https://github.com/Ghawken/Indigo-iRobotRoomba

Glenn

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:23 pm
RAID5 offline

Re: iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

Hi

Does this plugin only work with 980 or does it also work with for example 696 that also have iRobot home app?

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 pm
GlennNZ offline

Re: iRoomba 980 iRobot Plugin

As far as I understand it should work with all Wi-Fi enabled Roombas (980, 960, 890, 690)

But obviously untested.

Page 1 of 1