Controlling WEMO switch

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:49 am
captcurrent offline

Controlling WEMO switch

In my attempts to libe in a non standard world found a guide to a terminal script to control; wemo switch http://moderntoil.com/?p=839&cpage=1

Executing this script from an applescript has allowed me to integrate this I'm my Indigo setup where I cab't use the electric lines to transmit and receive

Posted on
Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:05 am
Coolcaper offline

Re: Controlling WEMO switch

Thanks for the tip!

Posted on
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:21 pm
protean offline

I had some difficulty with the script mentioned on this thread, it later turned out it was my mistake, as usual. However, in the meantime I dug around and found a Python script that does a much simpler job of controlling Wemo devices from Indigo. I am guessing a much more savvy user than myself can script it using the Indigo built in Python script editor but for me, I use the Do shell Script with Applescript.

Code: Select all
do shell script "wemo switch \"Kitchen Light\" on"
turns on the kitchen light.

The project website is here as well as a link to the complete documentation
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ouimeaux

You will need command line developer tools (don't need Xcode, simply type git in the terminal and you will be prompted to download the command line tools). Once installed, Wemo devices can be used easily! No need for IFTTT.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:03 pm
ehuck offline

I'm having trouble installing ouimeaux. I did sudo easy_install ouimeaux. When I try to run the command wemo server it fails. Did I have to do anything else beforehand?

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 am
protean offline

In Terminal, cd to the ouimeaux-n.n.n directory and try:

Code: Select all
sudo ./setup.py

Page 1 of 1