Somfy rfxtrx433

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:40 am
wiery offline

Somfy rfxtrx433

I'm just wondering if Somfy RTS blinds are compatible with the rfxtrx given that somfy seems to use 433 Mhz frequency too and can they be integrated to the plugin if they are ?

Posted on
Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 am
dgburton offline

Re: Somfy rfxtrx433

I'd be very interested in this also!

Posted on
Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 pm
CraigM offline

+1

Posted on
Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:12 am
Juju offline

+1 !!!!!!

Posted on
Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:16 am
wiery offline

I ended up biting the bullet and buying the Somfy RS485 RTS transmitter and i'm using applescript via coolterm to control the motors. I haven't got around to using python yet but will hopefully. I'm experiencing some issues with interference I think, possibly caused by the Z-Stick. I had 2 of the 3 motors working fine and 1 was problematic, that was with the RTS transmitter and the Z-Stick in the attic. I moved the Z-Stick to landing via a 15 ft powered usb cable and since then, one of the 2 that was fine has been flakey and the one that wouldn't really work , now works sometime. I have to ring Somfy to diagnose once i get the time when i'm there at the blinds but need to do some more testing first.

Posted on
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 am
durosity offline

wiery wrote:
I ended up biting the bullet and buying the Somfy RS485 RTS transmitter and i'm using applescript via coolterm to control the motors. I haven't got around to using python yet but will hopefully. I'm experiencing some issues with interference I think, possibly caused by the Z-Stick. I had 2 of the 3 motors working fine and 1 was problematic, that was with the RTS transmitter and the Z-Stick in the attic. I moved the Z-Stick to landing via a 15 ft powered usb cable and since then, one of the 2 that was fine has been flakey and the one that wouldn't really work , now works sometime. I have to ring Somfy to diagnose once i get the time when i'm there at the blinds but need to do some more testing first.

I'd love to get a copy of the code you used to get that working, if you wouldn't mind publishing it :) .. i'm hopefully buying a new house at the end of the year and i'm planning to get somfy blinds/the RS485 RTS transmitter to go with it!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 pm
wiery offline

I will of course, even though its a bit of an embarrassment ;) Don't judge me on this , its cobbled together and works, but its spurred me into getting changing to python with pyserial

tell application "CoolTerm"
# Setting up local variables
local w
local d
# Assigning the name of the CoolTerm window to w
set w to "CoolTerm_0"
# Open the serial port
if Connect w then
# Generate Data from a hex string
set d to Hex2Str ("7F F2 FA 16 69 FA 00 00 00 FC FB 05 DB")
# Send the data
Write {w, d}
else
display alert ("Not Connected")
end if
end tell

Posted on
Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 pm
durosity offline

No need to be embarrassed, it’s way better than any of the little snippets of code i’ve got going through indigo :D I’ll be excited to play with that later in the year or whenever i can actually afford to get one.. :|

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:27 pm
wiery offline

Ok so it turned out to be pretty straightforward in the end, and removes the reliance on Coolterm which doesn't always open clean on reboot. I've never done any Python so if anyone has any coding improvements please let me know, but this was pretty much copied and modified from web

# Import Python modules.
import serial
import time

# Command to send to the serial device.
serialCommand = "\x7F\xF2\xFA\x16\x69\xFA\x00\x00\x00\xFC\xFE\x05\xDE"

# Connection details for the serial port. Opens the port immediately.
ser = serial.Serial(
port='/dev/tty.usbserial-FTVQV0YG',
baudrate=4800,
timeout=0, # Increase this if timing is too low to get a response.
parity=serial.PARITY_ODD,
stopbits=serial.STOPBITS_ONE,
bytesize=serial.EIGHTBITS
)

# Write the command to the serial port
ser.write(serialCommand)

# Close the serial port.
ser.close()

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:19 am
col offline

This new version supports Somfy RTS but according to Matt the plug in requires modification

http://www.vesternet.com/rfxtrx433e-usb ... th-antenna

Posted on
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 pm
Hans offline

Just tested the new version of the RFXcom plug-in (1.4.0) together with the new RFXtrx433E device and I'm able to open, close and stop my Somfy sun blinds. Very happy it works!

Posted on
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:25 am
b_weijenberg offline

A new firmware version for the RFXtrx433E is available on the RFXCOM download page.

Changes:
Some Somfy RTS motors did not respond correctly on up/down commands.
The maximum number of simulated RTS remotes is also increased in this firmware version from 16 to 30.
Change angle commands for venetian blinds added. (not yet supported in the RFXCOM plug-in)

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am
haavarda offline

I am considering upgrading my vertical blinds with somfy RTS. These vertical blinds comes with a remote that has a scrolling wheel to control the angle. Can these blinds be controlled with the rfx plugin?

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 am
wiery offline

Yes the Somfy RTS blinds can be controlled via the new RFXtrx433E.

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:01 pm
haavarda offline

Can I hope that the angle function can be added over time? I am then thinking about the feature that has been added in the firmware described above.

Change angle commands for venetian blinds added. (not yet supported in the RFXCOM plug-in)

Thanks for great work on the plugin

Håvard

Håvard