[ANSWERED]Multiple users on web interface

Posted on
Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 pm
pauerbuk offline

[ANSWERED]Multiple users on web interface

I need to allow access to the web interface to a user, perhaps creating a separate page with only the devices that can use, and I do not want to reveal him my password.
Is there a way to do it?
Thanks in advance.
Piero

Mac mini 2,4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - El Captain 10.11.1

Posted on
Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Multiple users on web interface

Nothing that's built-in to Indigo. It has been requested a couple of times before and we'll consider it for some future version.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 pm
lochnesz offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Multiple users on web interface

+1

Posted on
Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 am
ArthurD123 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Multiple users on web interface

One thing you could try is using a reverse proxy like I describe in the following post:
viewtopic.php?p=98960#p98960

Like I mention in that post, you can then do some (or a lot of, if you know what you're doing) custom authentication logic.

For instance, you could have certain URIs/paths be allowed for only some users, but not all. Or you could do something similar to what I'm doing, and allow any device on the local network (ie wifi) to access a "generic" page, but only allow authenticated (or pre-defined IPs) devices to access other pages or "master" control pages, etc...

Just an idea for those of you that are really wanting multi-user & custom auth schemes -- it is doable w/ this method and really isn't that difficult once you get it setup. :-)

Page 1 of 1