Simple Feature Requests

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 pm
kennybroh offline

Re: Simple Feature Requests

That is what I was asking. Glad to know I can do that; essentially what I was asking for. I thought it might be an XML file. What is the name of the database file? Can I open it in any editor?

Not sure why I'd need to shut down the server. Why couldn't I simply copy the file to another name, edit it, rename the server file and save the edited file as the database file?

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It is named whatever you specified when you created in Indigo. It can be anywhere, but is likely inside /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Databases/. It can be edited by any text editor that can edit raw text files or XML files.

The server saves out the file every few minutes and whenever it shutsdown. If the server is running, then it is going to overwrite any changes you make to the file. The server only loads the file on launch.

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:24 pm
kennybroh offline

Thanks. That should be exactly what I'm looking for. Does that XML file also feed the HTML?

Posted on
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

kennybroh wrote:
Thanks. That should be exactly what I'm looking for. Does that XML file also feed the HTML?

Feed really isn't the correct word, but the XML represents your entire Indigo database file: devices, triggers, schedules, action groups, variables, and control pages.

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 am
kennybroh offline

Sorry, what I was asking was whether the data to render the Indigo Touch pages comes from there. I assume it does either directly or indirectly.

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:34 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Correct. The Indigo database file has everything specific to your setup.

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 pm
rjs104 offline

I remember one of my requests now. It would be fab if when you hovered over the countdown timer that says "Next schedule in" that a tooltip came up saying what that next scheduled event was to be.

Would help with debugging.

Cheers,

R

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That would be a great one. You can get close now by sorting the Schedules based on the Next Execution column. The ones at the top (or bottom) will be the next ones in the queue.

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am
philc offline

Just wanted to pile on about the lists on control pages. Real estate on an iPhone display is at a premium and the current schema drives you to have a multitude of pages. Lists/drop-downs would really economize that space and make control page construction much less tedious. I realize this isn't core functionality - it's more like the tip of the hairs on the skin on the muscles on the bones of the functionality - but as long as we're asking...
Happy Holidays!
Phil

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:23 am
rjs104 offline

Hi All!

A couple of feature requests:

- In a trigger, the ability to "suspend" actions. When building a multi-faceted trigger using either the actions within it or a separate action group it'd be great to be able to toggle on and off individual actions.

This way, when building up the actions, you can turn certain actions off for testing and such like.

At the moment I end up deleting actions and then having to re-enter the details at a later stage.

This could be interfaced through a simple tick box on the "show all" page.

- Schedules/trigger - I'd love to be able to able to set a start time based on a time value in a variable. My thinking is that I want to create an alarm clock trigger or schedule where I can change a variable through the web user interface and have that affect when the trigger happens.

Cheers!

R

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:01 am
eme jota ce offline

Simple Feature Requests - Show Menu Action Paths

The Indigo menus have grown considerably as many great features have been added since I joined the Indigo user community in 2008. Probably the layout of menus is something you continue to consider at Perceptive Automation, but it also appears that the Plugin structure of the application has added some complexity and inconsistency regarding where / how plugin actions are displayed. This can make simple edits to actions somewhat of a hassle - just trying to remember the menu path to make a simple change requires recalling which type of menu system the plugin uses, followed by more clicks than necessary.

The first screenshot below demonstrates what I see when clicking to edit a Cynical Denon plugin action that selects an AV source. The second screenshot shows the feature request ... meaning how I am requesting that Indigo display the menus when the user clicks to edit an action. Indigo could automatically show the menu path of the action when the user clicks on the action. Thanks for your consideration of this feature request. Hopefully, it's simple.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 6.40.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 6.40.54 AM.png (62.95 KiB) Viewed 15013 times
Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 6.51.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 6.51.28 AM.png (164.77 KiB) Viewed 15013 times

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

rjs104 wrote:
- In a trigger, the ability to "suspend" actions. When building a multi-faceted trigger using either the actions within it or a separate action group it'd be great to be able to toggle on and off individual actions.

- Schedules/trigger - I'd love to be able to able to set a start time based on a time value in a variable. My thinking is that I want to create an alarm clock trigger or schedule where I can change a variable through the web user interface and have that affect when the trigger happens.

Both of these requests are already on the request list for consideration in some future release - thanks for adding your vote.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Simple Feature Requests - Show Menu Action Paths

eme jota ce wrote:
Indigo could automatically show the menu path of the action when the user clicks on the action. Thanks for your consideration of this feature request. Hopefully, it's simple.

Unfortunately, it's not. :)

I'll add it to the request list, but if you notice all of the submenus off of the "Device Actions" menu end in the word "Controls". We did that intentionally so that it would be easier for people to recognize an action that controls a device. It certainly doesn't solve the problem, but we believe it lessens it. And, after all, you only need to mouse over "Device Actions" before seeing "Cynical Denon Controls" - it's not buried in multiple-levels.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn