Sonos - The Beginning

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Sonos - The Beginning

I jumped right in to the update. If anything breaks, I'll have to fix at some point. I did have to re-import radio stations - the indexing changed.

Other functions seem to work ok. Looking forward to testing with multiple devices.

On the playlists, I'll have to take a look at "imported playlists". I'm not sure I will be able to access them through SonosPy.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 pm
nlagaros offline

kindey - Info.plist describes the plugin package. It should be one of the files in there. I'd try re-copying the plugin to the Plugins directory. Other issue is that the file could be corrupt. I just checked my build. Looks like Info.plist is listed as info.plist. Can you rename the file and substitute a capital I in place of the i. Let me know if that works.

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:48 pm
nlagaros offline

kindey - Info.plist describes the plugin package. It should be one of the files in there. I'd try re-copying the plugin to the Plugins directory. Other issue is that the file could be corrupt. I just checked my build. Looks like Info.plist is listed as info.plist. Can you rename the file and substitute a capital I in place of the i. Let me know if that works.

Thanks.

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm
terrydew offline

I came across this link. It is way above my head but thought it might help you.

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=20721

Posted on
Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm
mat offline

Updated, reloaded radio and no apparent problems

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 pm
mat offline

Wiery

As per my email:

First, start sonospy - from a terminal window, navigate to the sonospy directory eg, if it's in a folder in your user folder, type

Cd sonospy

Then start sonospy from root, type

Sudo ./sonospy_web

Enter your password if prompted.

Install the plugin and check it is enabled from the plugin menu.

Configure the plugin - enter the ip address Of the pc running sonospy, and the default port 50101

Type the name of one of your zones in the reference zone player

Switch polling off to start with - there is an issue with threading at present which is eating resources. Save settings.

Next, create new devices for each zone player in indigo.

Create a new device. Change the name to the zone player name, then in the type, select "plugin", select "sonos" for the plugin, and select "zone player" for the model.

You have a zone created in indigo.

Now create a new action group. Name it "play". In the type drop down select plugin; in the plugin drop down select sonos; in the action drop down select play; in the device drop down select a zone player.

Execute the action group and the selected zone should play and pause (if it has a queue).

Repeate for other controls, including line in and radio. Please note, you will need to import the radio list first from the plugin configuration.

Shout in the thead if you need more help,mas it will be help for others too. No question is a silly one.

There is more coming, and you can get track information into variables too, but start with the basics,

Hope that helps

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm
mat offline

Damn, the dyslexia is bad in that post

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:38 am
mat offline

I've help another user set sonospy and start using the plugin. He has spotted what I think is a small bug. The action group settings for the plugin only allows the line-in to be selected for the zone it is physically connected to, rather than allowing it to be "assigned" to another zone.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 pm
nlagaros offline

Thanks so much mat. Let me work on the Line-In action. I have an idea that may work. I don't want to say this, but starting to get close to limited as to what can be done with SonosPy. Not quite there yet, but getting nervous. It is a great extension, but the polling makes it difficult.

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm
terrydew offline

I have no idea of the coding involved but I see long term and ongoing problems relying on sonospy. From user perspective it is much more difficult that a stand alone plugin.

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 am
mat offline

I agree, that's why I stopped with AppleScript when I had basic control.

The thread on the sonos forum that terry linked to above is useful. I guess any solution for an plugin without sonospy will be built in python with the upnp "module, which I guess is what mark has done. That level of coding is way beyond me.

What you have done is great, and is now in use everyday here. A fully intergrated plugin is a hell of alot of work! I'm happy with what we have, any more and I switch to the sonos control in any event.

What would be nice, would be a button on a control page to open the sonos app, but I can't see a control for that.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:23 pm
nlagaros offline

I agree on SonsosPy. What I think future steps could be would be to call the direct python functions instead of going through the web interface. I'm hoping Mark has some time to address the threading issue.

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 am
nlagaros offline

I posted an update to the plugin (v0.2.10). The Line-In action should work properly now where you can play a line-in to any zone player.

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 am
nlagaros offline

I started playing with direct communications to a zone player. I can play/stop a zone and I guess perform most of the actions that have been coded already. This would be a major re-write, but thinking about it. I'm not sure I would build out a UPNP framework, but just use http posts to accomplish what we need for Indigo's purposes. I'm still on the fence as I think we would lose some of the functionality that comes through SonosPy.

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:16 am
terrydew offline

I don't know enough about coding to offer advice on that decision.

For features required, I vote for the following in order of priority

1. The ability to use sonos for announcements in indigo. This would require the ability to play a linein to all (or defined) zones interrupting what was playing and then putting everything back to the state it was before the announcement. I believe this is possible based on what I have read about sonos plugins for other automation systems, but do not know how that relates to your coding decision.

2. The ability to play a playlist as part of a scene or other normal indigo actions or triggers. This would probably also require the ability to group and ungroup zones from indigo.

These are the only two things I really, really want in a sonos plugin. As Mat said the sonos control system is good for everything else.

Page 13 of 37 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 37