Manually switching off ToggleLinc Relay LIghts

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 am
wmcorbin offline

Manually switching off ToggleLinc Relay LIghts

We had installed 2 ToggleLinc Relay switches to control the overhead lights at our fire station. I'm guessing the switches have failed because we can no longer control them through Indigo, plus throwing the switches manually doesn't work either. Lights are stuck on. Is there any way to manually turn off lights in a case like this.

Does anyone know of a more robust solution for an application like this. I ordered 2 more switches, but department members are not to keen on this approach right now. Help - trying to keep the notion of automation alive...

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:37 am
berkinet offline

Re: Manually switching off ToggleLinc Relay LIghts

wmcorbin wrote:
...Lights are stuck on. Is there any way to manually turn off lights in a case like this.

Carefully pull or pry the small clear plastic tab below the switch. It will come out about 1/8 inch. That will cut the power. Once you have done that, you can try resetting the switch. Wait 15-30 seconds and push the tab all the way in and hold it in for 10 seconds, then release it. Good luck.

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

How long ago did you buy those ToggleLincs? They have a couple of year warranty, I believe.

Also, I think that some of the first (or second?) generation modules weren't as reliable as the ones that are made now. You might also consider using the SwitchLinc model instead of the ToggleLinc -- I think the mechanics of the switch are simpler (and thus might be more reliable).

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:51 am
wmcorbin offline

Away from home right now, but I believe I may have ordered the wrong switches from your store.

--------

Interestingly enough...this morning a guy from the station said the switches were now working - manually and from Indigo.

Page 1 of 1