Other option to the FilterLinc for noise

Posted on
Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm
.Capstone offline

Other option to the FilterLinc for noise

I seem to have a noise issue with one of my SwitchLinc Relays (2476D). It would appear the Samsung TV right next to this particular 2476D is the culprit. I know many people recommend the following FilterLinc to solve noise issues:
http://www.machomestore.com/catalog/pro ... ucts_id=38

My problem with this product is its size. The offender in my case is a Samsung Plasma which is hung flush to the wall (there's only .5" at best between the TV and the wall). The outlet where the TV plugs in is recessed and directly behind the TV. As such, the FilterLinc won't fit. Does anyone know of any other "FilterLinc type" product with a different footprint or more flexibility for my situation? Or maybe someone has some suggestions on other options for dealing with noise issues?

Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:39 am
philc offline

Re: Other option to the FilterLinc for noise

My bit of experience with noise issues is that they are annoying, difficult to track and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. But in your case, that last point may be good news... I solved one of my issues by plugging a dual-band access point into an outlet that was between the circuit breaker box and the problematic Insteon switch. I had thought it was simply a noise problem (so I got some Filterlincs and used them) but it was also (I think) a case of signal loss. Just a suggestion - because I don't think there are any Filterlinc alternatives.

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:09 pm
.Capstone offline

Re: Other option to the FilterLinc for noise

Thanks. I'll try moving the access point I do own to a different outlet. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to be pretty limited on getting it very close to my SwitchLinc in question (because of the 2 phases).

Too bad there isn't any other kind of a FilterLinc out there.

-Wes

Page 1 of 1