Send Failed (No acknowledgement)

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 pm
plipof offline

Send Failed (No acknowledgement)

I have been getting a lot of the below types of messages lately.

"Error "kitchen" keypad button 3 off; send failed (no acknowledgment)"

I have a dual band dimmer in each 2 gang or 3 gang box. I also have a dual band power line modem and three access points. I have dual band lamp link dimmers as well.

I have a filterlinc on my UPS.

This issue seems to be more recent. How can I fix the problem?

Posted on
Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Send Failed (No acknowledgement)

You have to find the problem first - the iHealth tool from our file library may help you find it. Check out the signal troubleshooting page for common causes and solutions to signal issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:12 pm
plipof offline

everything looks ok. What about this one?

Error "kitchen" off (group/scene 52 cleanup); failed (no load detected)

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That error indicates that a LampLinc/ApplianceLinc doesn't have anything plugged into it. If it's not a wall-wart type device then I think the device is pretty messed up - you might want to factory reset the it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Remember to do a resync of the device after you do the factory reset.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 pm
AlaskaDave offline

I'm seeing a very large increase in these errors as well, just recently. It use to be sporadic but now all of my motion detectors result in this error all the time. It's only when trying to trigger a light with a motion detector. I have three motion detectors and all three are INOP. My schedules are rock solid. I have checked my two Access Points and they seem fine but went ahead and reset them.

Feb 18, 2012 8:24:49 PM
Received INSTEON "Motion: Kitchen" on (button 1)
Trigger Kitchen Under Counter Lights On
Error "Kitchen Under Counter Lights" on; send failed (no acknowledgment)

Does this mean that my RF has interference? Like is said everything else that is running on the powerline is just fine. I can't think of anything new I've added that might be creating interference as this has just recently started. Living in an area that is prone to Avalanches and eagle strikes I have many UPS's in the home (4 to be exact) due to power outages and brown outs/surges. At the moment I have only one UPS and that on the one going to my MacMini and Amplifier/Media Center. As I said before nothing new has been added yet all my motion triggered lights are INOP unless turned to come on by schedule. Any thoughts or ideas??

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:50 pm
AlaskaDave offline

After reading a previous thread I placed a .02 delay in the actions tab and the light turned on with the motion sensor. The delay didn't seem that lengthy... much better than no light at all. What are my other options, I read something about a direct link between the motion sensor and the light...w hat might that be?

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:11 am
plipof offline

Interesting, now that I think about it my problems started when I added my motion detectors. You said yours are INOP? What does INOP mean? I have four motion detectors in my home used inside the house just of turning lights on and off. I use triggers and not direct links (controller/responder types). I use the motion detectors to trigger scene commands and not on/off commands.

For example, the motion detector sense motion and an execute insteon scene command is sent. Usually the scene on command works fine. Strangely it is the off command that usually does not work. The RF part of my insteon network is top notch, it is really overkill. Also, my home is not even a year old and my electrical system is brand new with a signal link in the panel.

If you didn't mention your issue I do not think I would of realized mine but it is definitely coincidental with the motion detectors. No doubt about it. I will try the .02 delay and see what happens and report back.

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:12 am
plipof offline

Also, put FIlterLincs on all your UPS's. It makes a huge difference.

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 am
AlaskaDave offline

Inoperative, sorry about that. My ole' Air Force days showing themselves. All of my motion sensors are set up as triggers and have never contained a delay but man, what a difference that made, night and day. The only one I might take another look at is the motion sensor for a light in our garage. Often the garage is dark and just on the others side of the door are steps. Having delay in this location is not ideal due to safety. The whole idea was to have the family not using the switch due to always leaving it on. Perhaps I will set this one up as a direct link.

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am
plipof offline

All my motions are setup as triggers too. They mostly work fine. Try using a scene command maybe instead of an on command?

Posted on
Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You can make a direct INSTEON link (using the manage links dialog) between the motion sensor and the device you want it to control - so Indigo isn't even involved and there are no collisions since it's just the MS telling the other device to turn on/off. No extra messages necessary.

That won't work in all circumstances (i.e. when you want to use a conditional for instance) but it's an option.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 am
plipof offline

Is it better to use an "Execute INSTEON scene" command or to use an action group and "turn on" multiple devices?

Also, if in a 3 gang box I have a dual band device doesn't that add dual band capability (sort of) because the dual band device acts as a repeater and participates in the RF mesh network so the other two devices in the box get tied into it?

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

plipof wrote:
Is it better to use an "Execute INSTEON scene" command or to use an action group and "turn on" multiple devices?

It depends. The direct individual "turn on" commands will be a bit more reliable. The INSTEON scenes are very fast and all the modules will respond around the same time.

Also, if in a 3 gang box I have a dual band device doesn't that add dual band capability (sort of) because the dual band device acts as a repeater and participates in the RF mesh network so the other two devices in the box get tied into it?

Yes. It might require an additional "hop" to get to the other non-dual-band modules on the same circuit, but it helps.

Posted on
Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm
pegoto offline

I have also started experiencing the no acknowledge issues and it seems like it might have started January/early February. Nothing has changed in my house nor my network. The only things that have changed thus far is that I have done indigo software upgrades when I was reminded.

I tried running the iHealth tool but it tells me no suitable interface was found. I am using a 2414U. Any assistance will be appreciated.