Proliphix™ Plugin Discussion

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 am
berkinet offline

Proliphix™ Plugin Discussion

A beta version of a Proliphix Thermostat plugin is now available in the User Contributions Library. The plugin is works and has been tested with an NT20e and an IMT550c.

The plugin supports 7 states (readings) from the thermostat: temperature, set point, current period, status (scheduled, override, hold), humidity, remote sensor 1 and remote sensor 2. One action is supported: set the set point.

Next on the development list will be a means to allow the user to select the readings to be displayed (so you won't see "remote 1 = N/A" if you do not have a remote sensor.

If you have questions about the plugin, or any feature requests, please post to this thread.

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Proliphix™ Thermostat plugin

Hey Richard - let's not post "beta" plugins in the the File Library - that's the trigger for us to assume that a plugin is in it's shipping form (we use that for mentions on Twitter and in our Newsletter). When we get the store done we won't want "betas" in there either - until we get it done the File Library is going to have to be the substitute. Because this process is new, we'll leave it in there for now.

See the 3rd Party Developer Relations Statement for more specifics.

BTW, if you need to make a beta available to people, I suggest getting a free dropbox.com account - you can put stuff into the Public folder there that anyone can get to from a web browser.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 am
berkinet offline

Version 1.0 of the Proliphix plugin is now available

Version 1.0 of the Proliphix plugin is now available in the User Contribution Library.

Posted on
Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.0 of the Proliphix plugin is now available

Great -- thanks for sharing it!

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm
asw24b offline

berkinet wrote:
Version 1.0 of the Proliphix plugin is now available in the User Contribution Library.

When I download the plugin from the library, it looks like version 0.9.2 is the version that comes down. Is that correct ?

I am running into some issues using the plug in with my nt10e, and I wanted to make sure that I was using the most up to date version...

Thanks !

Mike

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm
berkinet offline

Sorry, I forgot to bump the version number up when I posted it. I will fix that on the next update.

What kind of problems are you having?

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:19 pm
asw24b offline

berkinet wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to bump the version number up when I posted it. I will fix that on the next update.

What kind of problems are you having?

3 things (with my Nt10e):

1) (Minor) The validate routine clips the first letter of the thermostat name.

The thermostat returns OID1.2=Dining Room&OID2.7.1=NT10&

But the code creates this:

Proliphix Thermostat Control Debug Validate: The tstat address is: http://71.198.127.208:8888/get?OID1.2=&OID2.7.1=
Proliphix Thermostat Control Debug Validate: OIDs returned ['', '1.2', 'ining Room', '2.7.1', 'NT10', '']
Proliphix Plugin Validate: found a model NT10 named ining Room.

2) On a clean install, it looks like the code is looking for a preference BEFORE it is created ?

Enabling plugin "Proliphix Thermostat Control 0.9.2"
Starting plugin "Proliphix Thermostat Control 0.9.2" (pid 17199)
Plugin "Proliphix Thermostat Control" connected
Plugin "Proliphix Thermostat Control 0.9.2" started
Proliphix Thermostat Control Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 115, in runConcurrentThread
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key tstatFreq not found in dict

Proliphix Thermostat Control Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed; will attempt again in 10 seconds
Proliphix Plugin Plugin started. Polling thermostats every 15.0 minutes

Nov 25, 2011 9:18:38 AM

3) The code that determines whether or not a remote sensor is present will not work with an NT10e; Rather than return a bogus high or low value, it returns an error (FAILED5) for the missing HW capability in the Nt10e:

Proliphix Thermostat Control Error readTstat: Parse error in data for Device St. Helena Downstairs... Item number 18 in ['OID4.1.2', '2', 'OID4.1.4', '1', 'OID4.1.5', '700', 'OID4.1.6', '780', 'OID4.1.9', '1', 'OID4.1.10', '2', 'OID4.1.11', '1', 'OID4.1.13', '548', 'OID4.1.14', '0', 'OID4.3.2.2', 'FAILED5', 'OID4.3.2.3', 'FAILED5', '']
Proliphix Thermostat Control Error readTstat: Parse error in data for Device St. Helena Downstairs... Item number 20 in ['OID4.1.2', '2', 'OID4.1.4', '1', 'OID4.1.5', '700', 'OID4.1.6', '780', 'OID4.1.9', '1', 'OID4.1.10', '2', 'OID4.1.11', '1', 'OID4.1.13', '548', 'OID4.1.14', '0', 'OID4.3.2.2', 'FAILED5', 'OID4.3.2.3', 'FAILED5', '']
Proliphix Plugin Refreshed data for device Id St. Helena Downstairs

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm
asw24b offline

I forgot to mention, FAILED5 means...

9.3.1 FAILED5
This error message is return due to an invalid OID number during a GET operation.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 pm
berkinet offline

I have the cosmetic bug fixed. I should be able to address the other two this evening. If you PM me your email address, I will send you an update for testing, when it is ready.

Thanks for the report.

Posted on
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 pm
berkinet offline

I have version 1.0.2 ready and will post it to the contribution library as soon as aI can confirm that it has resolved the problem with the nt10e.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 pm
ethanw offline

O man this is just AWESOME. I have 3 NT120's that I can use this for. I will be instaling it soon and test it.

THANKS a bunch......

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:14 am
Captain Audio offline

Proliphix Plugin "Failed to reach device"

Hi there, I'm very new to the whole home automation scene and no nothing about coding, so please bear with me. I successfully downloaded the plugin and I believe I configured it correctly, as I got the

Proliphix Plugin Validate: found a model NT10 named 00:97:b7.

message after I set it up. But when I try to send it a command via the action "set the Heat SetPoint", it returns

Proliphix Thermostat Control Error readTstat: Failed to reach device "TajMaSmall Thermostat" at 192.168.1.74. Reason = <urlopen error (61, 'Connection refused')>

Any Ideas?

I guess I was hoping that when I upgraded to Indigo 5 and downloaded the plug-in, it would function like an Insteon Thermostat Adapter with minimum fuss. (and I guess I assumed I'd be able to control it via the iPhone app as well)

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:40 am
berkinet offline

Re: Proliphix Plugin "Failed to reach device"

I'll respond to your issues in reverse.

Plugins cannot, yet, offer the same interface as Indigo native devices. This means that while your Proliphix thermostat can be defined as a device, and appear in the DEVICES window, you still will not have access to the same GUI widgets as a Venstar thermostat (but, at least in my opinion, you will have a better, more reliable, thermostat). The same applies to Indigo-Touch. However, you can design control pages to operate the Proliphix stat, and those can be used in Indigo-Touch. We are hoping to see some improvements to plugin access to the GUI next year.

As to your problems getting the plugin and thermostat to work...
Do you see the thermostat in your DEVICES window and does it indicate the temperature, etc?
If so, try turning on debugging (Proliphix plugin config) and then use the Refresh_All_Thermostats item on the Proliphix plugin menu. and post the log entries back here.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:01 am
Captain Audio offline

Hi there, thank you for the speedy reply. Yes, I see the thermostat in the devices. There's no indication for state or address and the states are in a box towards the bottom.

I turned on debugging, refreshed all thermostats, and tried running my action group that set the heat setpoint to 70 and I get the same error log I've been getting;

Proliphix Plugin Refreshed data for device Id TajMaSmall Thermostat
Action Group Set Heat to 70
Proliphix Thermostat Control Error readTstat: Failed to reach device "TajMaSmall Thermostat" at 192.168.1.74. Reason = <urlopen error (61, 'Connection refused')>

Thanks
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 8.49.38 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 8.49.38 AM.png (56.48 KiB) Viewed 14913 times

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 am
berkinet offline

Ok... you won't see any more information than you now see. Because there was no one obvious "state" to use for the state column, I just close to leave it blank. The states are displayed in the box because of the UI limitation I was talking about.

Now, while the plugin is in debug mode, go to the Proliphix plugin menu and select the Resresh_All_Thermostats item and then post the log entries you get.

BTW, also be sure you are running plugin v1.0.1