Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am
alangraham999 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

I have used a number of pages through the years...here's one

And here's another

I have a newer one, but I'm waiting for the iPad before I complete it.

Posted on
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 pm
tomvardon offline

Re:

snowjay wrote:
pwfletcher wrote:
Hey ... nice pages :) What happens when you click the iTunes or Music buttons on your pages? Does it take you to a different page? Also, has anyone intragted iRed into it yet? I am just setting up my Itrans ethernet and need to figure out a way to integrate it into my main control page (or link it to a secondary page if we can do that).

Yes my iTunes button takes you to a seperate page. On that page I have the iTunes control, black background and the Indigo logo. :)

I don't actually have any music on the server yet, it's all on my PB, so I haven't gotten it working. I need to pick up an optical cable for the mini to hook to my stereo and then I'll work on that some more.

Thats a neat idea with the pictures!

Posted on
Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:01 pm
Davepl offline

I'm not quite done, but figured I'd post my work-in-progress. It's a large image, so you'll likely have to click on it to get a full size version. I went with the "blueprint" style, and half the work was figuring out how to draw a grid in Photoshop!

By the way, the rendering of "&apos'" in the image below is a bug in the tool I used to take the whole-browser snapshot, not in Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 am
jameslitton offline

This is an image of my control page, designed for my iPhone4, for the 1st floor of my home. I took inspiration from scotsman's design. I created the floor-plan and device images myself using Adobe Illustrator. I decided to use AI for my images because I wanted the masters to be vector based so I can easily create versions for different sized screens without running into the pixelation issues that occur when changing the size of raster images.

The light icons are fully functional (blue=off and orange=on) as are the fan icons (white flat=off and grey angle=on). The thermostat is controllable from here as well. The oval icon provides status information for my garage door (green=closed and red=open). I have the capacity to open/close my garage door but I am, thus far, a bit reticent to take that step. The triangle icon takes advantage of Indigo's ability to display icons based on variable content. This icon provides status information for my alarm so I know if it's off, on or on/instant.

At the bottom I show who is home which I accomplish by tracking cell phone presence on my WiFi network as outlined in my post here.
Attachments
photo-2.png
photo-2.png (78.32 KiB) Viewed 7381 times
photo-1.PNG
photo-1.PNG (79.43 KiB) Viewed 7545 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 am
rainman50 offline

House_layout.PNG
control pages pic.
House_layout.PNG (176.11 KiB) Viewed 7174 times

Here is mine showing the upper, main and lower floor in one pic. I have a 46 inch TV turned 90 degrees (portrait mode) that displays this control page.

Dave

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:37 am
Mark offline

I have a 46 inch TV turned 90 degrees (portrait mode) that displays this control page.

Whaaaaaat? Please explain! Did you mean a permanent installation of that huge portrait-oriented TV, just for the display of your control page(s)? Wow! More details... How'd you do that? Where is it? How do you use that? Etc.

Can you imagine a touchscreen version of that?!?

Awesome! :D

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:57 pm
rainman50 offline

I have one 46 inch screen (love to have it touch screen). I have the indigo server running. The TV monitor is attached to a mac mini in a 1920 x 1080 resoultion. It hangs on the wall with the mac mini behind the wall. I have an Apple Magic trackpad that is next to the screen for using like a mouse to click and activate the devices.

I also have about 10 iPads in the house displaying different control pages that correspond to the room it is located. I'm in the process of getting a 55 inch TV to put in another room also in the portrait mode that displays the same image.

I use the iPads as an intercom using Apples Facetime app. You can go to facetime on a respective iPad and press a button and all the other iPads will be "paged" and a respective iPad answer button is pressed , you can talk back and forth. When complete the iPad goes back to the screen it previously had displayed. Works very nice as an intercom. I can even use my iphone anywhere I have an internet connection and also page all the iPads in the house.

I included 2 more control pages. One is a select one for a few of the iPads in the house and the other shows what motion detectors have a low battery condition. When any motion sensor gets a low battery it increments a counter and turns the indicator red.

Also as seen in the iPad page that the garage doors can be activaded and their status can be seen.

I actually have it now that I don't have to use a manual swicth at all when going thru the house. They have different preset one shot ON times. Some have it that they don't turn on during certain days and times and also differnt brightness levels based on the same.

Dave

low_battery.PNG
low Battery detect
low_battery.PNG (15.52 KiB) Viewed 7156 times

ipad1_page.PNG
Ipad control page
ipad1_page.PNG (122.95 KiB) Viewed 7156 times
Last edited by rainman50 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:34 pm
Mark offline

Holy Automation, Batman. And you ARE Batman! I now feel completely vindicated for the crazy amount of INSTEON I have running in my tiny, little house. You can see my [old] setup on page 10 of this thread. (It's grown considerably since then.)

What a great use for the iPad! I have one controlling my system, of course, but that intercom idea is genius. Apple could make a great television commercial out of THAT! Can you converse with someone in another room, using the iPads, without them having to do anything? Or do they have to "answer" the call, physically somehow, when you initiate? I assume the 'Pads are on all the time, never going dark? Intercom from iPhone, yah, also cool.

I'm curious, why the giant monitors? And why so big? And why portrait? Are they in a living space or bedroom in such a way that you needed to see them from across the room?

Yes, Mac Mini and HD TV, match made in heaven. I have the same setup on my TVs (though they are not just Indigo-dedicated). I have the same Mini driving two TVs, so that I can do everything the Mini can do on either. Sweet setup. And the TrackPad makes it all work from the couch!

Keep up the good work!

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm
rainman50 offline

Yes the iPads are on all the time. I looked into the auto answer for FaceTime but I could not find any apps for the iPad. I think using OS X you can get a program that auto answers
That would be nice if you use FaceTime outside the house and be able to see whats in the room. If you have more than 2 iPads then you would have to individually "call" each one with auto answer . I like the way I use it in the house now when all of them go off at once and if someone is around they answer it.

One of the big monitors I have in the portrait mode because to show the 3 floors respectively,Upper,Main and Lower. They line up vertically. They are big because in one case it is in the exercise room and I'd like to see the screen from any of the machines.

I took a look at your post. looks very nice. You have a lot of controls/functions. I like the black background. As you see I have some like that also.

I included a pic of the 46 inch TV before it was permanently mounted.

TV_screen2.jpg
TV_screen2.jpg (159.83 KiB) Viewed 7139 times

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:46 pm
mat offline

rainman50 wrote:
I use the iPads as an intercom using Apples Facetime app. You can go to facetime on a respective iPad and
press a button and all the other iPads will be "paged" and a respective iPad answer button is pressed , you can talk
back and forth. When complete the iPad goes back to the screen it previously had displayed.

Hi rain main,

Any chance you can explain how the FaceTime works. I can only call from one device to one another. If I set them all with the same email address, they can't connect.

Also, how are you making The call and returning to the control page?

Cheers in advance.

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm
terrydew offline

Wide angle shot. Controls embedded over the fixtures in picture.
Attachments
Library.jpg
Library.jpg (161.58 KiB) Viewed 7085 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 pm
Ian offline

My first attempt at Control Pages.

Weather and Temp info from Oregon Scientific WMR 200A and Weathersnoop Plugin.

Electricity Info from TED 500 Plugin
Attachments
IMG_0104.jpeg
IMG_0104.jpeg (65.22 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
IMG_0103.jpeg
IMG_0103.jpeg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
IMG_0102.jpeg
IMG_0102.jpeg (68.98 KiB) Viewed 7038 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm
Mark offline

I like the way the perspective of the fixture images matches the perspective of the room image!

Can you explain more about the "Electricity Info?" What is that telling you? How are you obtaining that data?

I've been able to resist the installation of PG&E's "Smart" Meter, but I suspect they'll win in the end. Keeping track of KWs at a glance might be a very handy thing...

Posted on
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm
Ian offline

Hey Mark

I am using a TED 5000 with single MTU and using the TED5000 plugin I found through the Fourum (https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/pages/ ... lugin.html).

It provides realtime data to Indigo on energy consumption and several other values to the Plugin. I set the plugin to update every 30s and it displays on my Control page.

Hope this helps.

It definitely educates you about power usage.!!!!!

Posted on
Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:13 am
DomoPat offline

Here are my main two pages. I wanted them as simple as possible, and 'metallic' theme because I use sounds from Myst and Riven to indicate some actions are happening...
Theres nothing as good as a long exaggerated cranky-geary noise when the garage door opens. :D

The next one uses LED's that I found somewhere in the forum, many thanks to the author ! This page gives me a good overview of the activities of the system:

It is so great fun to make these pages and use them, certainly another strong point of Indigo !

Page 14 of 68 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 68