Help needed on temperature capturing rfxcom via W800rf32ausb

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:47 pm
boekweg offline

Help needed on temperature capturing rfxcom via W800rf32ausb

Hi, i'm struggling for a while now to get my temperature reading in to indigo using a rfxcom sensor that should be able to connect to my W800rf module. I went through most of the wiki's and how-to's but I have not been succesfull so far. Is anybody out there who has been dealing with this and can help me out?

Regards, Paul boekweg

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Help needed on temperature capturing rfxcom via W800rf32

Hi Paul,

Indigo does not support currently using the W800RF32 in the mode needed for those RF sensors. It supports receiving incoming X10 RF and X10 RF Security commands, but not the sensor commands. With the new plugin architecture of v5, hopefully someone (maybe us eventually) will write a plugin that offers more complete support that includes the sensor modules.

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 am
boekweg offline

Hi Matt, thank you for your answer. Too bad though. I really want to be able to read temp and humidity and unfortunately, being located in the Netherlands, I can not use any of the
Insteon equipment. I read that in v5 Indigo supports digital i/o hardware. An option would be that Indigo will also be able to read analog inputs like 4-20mA or 0-10V. Any other solutions on reading temp and humidity in your application without Insteon devices ?

For the rest very happy with your software !

Regards,

Paul

Posted on
Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:56 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't have any direct experience using non-INSTEON hardware for analog or temperature reading through Indigo. Some users on the forum are doing it with custom scripts.

I suspect we'll have some plugins in the near future that will support sensor reading (without the need to use hand-edited scripts). For example, travisc has mentioned he hopes to work on a 1-wire sensor plugin. I'd suggest you check back in a couple of months and see what is available then.

Page 1 of 1