Where to buy in Europe ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:15 am
FaTMax offline

Where to buy in Europe ?

I´ve been enjoying Indigo and X10 for nearly 5 years now. When I renovated my apartment 5-6 years ago, I bought my equipment from a Norwegian reseller. Good at the time, there really hasnt been added or changed products at his webstore. He seems more into selling Z-Wave at the present time.
As I´m close to start building a new apartment (selling the "old" one) I really can´t see myself living _without_ Indigo and Home Automation.

Have there been ANY innovating in regards to X10 in the recent years ? Is it still the old Marmitek products that rule the X10 protocol ?

I have learned alot from these 5 years, and the one thing I´m NOT doing again is buying products that don´t support status requests via Indigo. That´s the only backside I´ve had on my setup these years. If Marmitek is my only choice, does anyone know which MicroModules support status requests that can also control dimming/switching ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 am
macpro offline

Re: Where to buy in Europe ?

You can try IntelliHome. They are located in Belgium but ship to other countries. I don't think Norway will be a problem.
Marmitek has several 2 way modules like the LWM1 and AWM2. You can find them on IntelliHome's site.

(I don't work for IntelliHome, just a happy customer.)

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 am
FaTMax offline

Thank you so much for the reply! This webstore looks better than the ones I´ve been looking at these last days.

Do you have any experience with the Add-a-motor 80 ?

Also, the two-way communication thing; Does it send its status around, or does Indigo poll for the status ?

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 am
macpro offline

I still open and close the curtains manually, so no experiences with the add-a-motor.
Indigo get's notified when the micro module changes state but it can also poll to request the current status.

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 am
FaTMax offline

Ok, thanks!

THIS sucks:

X10 is shutting down production on its home control products after some 35+ years. Their technology helped pave the way for the rest of us. We look forward to providing the best upgrade path for all the stranded X10 users, wherever they are.
12. august kl. 21:46

- From Insteon´s Facebook page.

What to do now ? If i go forward with X10 I might not get spareparts if devices start to fail...

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That's X10 in the US. I seriously doubt that Marmitek will discontinue making X10 devices in Europe.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:17 am
berkinet offline

macpro wrote:
You can try IntelliHome. They are located in Belgium but ship to other countries.

I purchased an X10 intetface from IntelliHome and it was dead on arrival. I called them to get it replaced and they told me I had to ship it back to them, signed receipt required, (from France) at MY expense. The shipping endded up costing more than the unit. I just bought another from someone else. I will never buy from these people again.

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 am
FaTMax offline

Just a little update for everyone.

I asked Insteon on their Facebook page if there was plans to release their products for 220V and they said that they were doing a slow rollout within a year with products that is capable of 100-251V 50/60 Hz. That´s awesome news!

Posted on
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am
macpro offline

That really is awesome!
Can't wait to get rid of X10 and use something more reliable and cheaper.

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:45 am
mat offline

:D :D :D

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1