Hiding Tab Bar

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 am
tjm000 offline

Hiding Tab Bar

Generally, I like the new feature to hide the Tab Bar at the bottom of the control pages, which provides a little more screen real estate for my control pages.

But there is one minor annoyance that I'd like to see taken care of, or maybe I'm just missing a feature (if so then let me know).

Basically, I have some control pages that have links to other control pages (that are related to it) via the "Link to Control Page" client action because it makes sense to be able to jump right to the companion page rather than navigating back up by the icon at the top left of the control page (which represents the last page).

But when I navigate between my related control pages I can't easily get back to the main Control Page other than by going backwards thru all of the previous pages when the Tab Bar is hidden. I used to use the icon at the right on the Tab Bar to do this. But this is no longer available, obviously, when I select the Hide Tab Bar option (which I would really like to have as the default).

So I'd like to see some way to quickly go back to the main control page, either by making it an option in the "Link to Control Page" list or maybe a separate button on the top right of the Control page, opposite from the last Control Page link. Or something else.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hiding Tab Bar

Hi Tim,

Good feature request. I'll look into adding some default Control Page items to the Link to Control Page selection popup. I have a workaround that might work for you. If you instead select the Link to External URL option and enter this for the URL:
Code: Select all
indigo://controlpage/_internal_control_pages_?action=showPage

then Indigo Touch will clear the bread crumb trail and return to the main Control Page list. The only gotcha is that the indigo::// URLs always hide the Tab Bar at the bottom. So once you click on the control that follows this URL the Tab Bar is hidden AND all the bread crumbs are cleared, which makes it impossible to navigate to the Devcies, Actions, Variables categories unless you quit and start Indigo Touch again.

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:32 pm
tjm000 offline

Tab Bar update

I think that I'll wait for you to add the Control Page items to the Link to Control Page selection popup. I prefer having the Tab Bar on the main page.

But this then means that I'll have to add my own navigation button back to the home page on all the related pages that I jump between. Not that I couldn't do this (and I will) but perhaps this, i.e. getting back to the home control page, warrants a common approach. Just a thought.

Tim

Page 1 of 1