Beta feedback

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:18 pm
RWI offline
Posts: 33
Joined: Nov 05, 2003
Location: New Jersey

Beta feedback

Set up is a snap, I got it up and running in minutes with no problems!

One problem I find is the light dimmer slider is extremely difficult to grab when the slider is close to or all the way to the right (Bright) If you start on low, move to bright and don't let go there is no problem, however if you try to grab it from the right it is tuff. I have experienced the same behavior in a puzzle game. I know its not a hardware thing as I have seen the same behavior on multiple phones.

Perhaps I have not figured it out yet, but I would like an option to select which actions will appear on the phone, as there are many that just clutter my list.

I created some folders for devices, turned on my phone and there they were instantly, how cool is that!

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Beta feedback

RWI wrote:
One problem I find is the light dimmer slider is extremely difficult to grab when the slider is close to or all the way to the right (Bright) If you start on low, move to bright and don't let go there is no problem, however if you try to grab it from the right it is tuff. I have experienced the same behavior in a puzzle game. I know its not a hardware thing as I have seen the same behavior on multiple phones.


This seems to be a bug in the slider control on the iPhone in general. We've been working on it and will continue to try to make it better, but in general it's just a problem. Try adjusting the brightness on your phone in the Settings app and you'll see a similar problem.

RWI wrote:
Perhaps I have not figured it out yet, but I would like an option to select which actions will appear on the phone, as there are many that just clutter my list.


From the post at the top of this forum:

Indigo Touch makes extensive use of the new 4.0 folders feature. If you haven't already, be sure and organize your Devices, Action Groups, and Variables into folders. This will provide faster access and responsiveness when using Indigo Touch. By default folders are visible from Indigo Touch, but in the Mac Client you can right-click on the folder and choose Disable Remote Display to disable remote Indigo Touch access. You can also edit individual Device and Action Groups to access their Display in remote UI checkbox.


This way you can hide individual actions or whole folders of actions.

RWI wrote:
I created some folders for devices, turned on my phone and there they were instantly, how cool is that!


We think so! Thanks for the feedback.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:51 pm
RWI offline
Posts: 33
Joined: Nov 05, 2003
Location: New Jersey

(No subject)

Funny, I figured that you could make folders for actions but when I tried it seemed to only make them for devices. Of course I again tried and it worked perfectly :D

Thanks.

By the way, how do you delete a folder?

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

(No subject)

The folder is created based on the current selection - so, if you have ACTION GROUPS or a folder under ACTION GROUPS selected, that's where the new folder will be created. Same for DEVICES....

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:28 pm
dnomode online
Posts: 112
Joined: Apr 12, 2008

More feedback

Just more feedback:
1) Indigo Touch seems to forgets the network if the iPhone screen goes to sleep for a few minutes while using Indigo Touch. After I slide the phone unlocked Indigo Touch will give me this error message:
Code: Select all
Can't Find Host, Connection to Indigo Server Failed: User-iMac.local
After selecting the OK button It takes me to the Choose an Indigo Server... page with an exclamation mark next to my servers name. However as soon as I select my server it connects immediately. This only happens when Indigo Touch was the active program. Starting Indigo Touch from the iPhone Home Page seem to work fine.

*** EDIT *** Number 2 is not an Indigo Touch Bug just noticed that this is happening on the Indigo 4 Application :oops:
2) When controlling a light switch, synced to a small button on a 6-Button KeypadLinc, using the sliding bar will alway turn the switch on to 100 precent even if I only slide it to 25%. This only happens with switchs that are synced with one of the small buttons on a 6-Button KeypadLinc.

3) Using Indigo Touch outside of my local network works better but still not great, I live in a bad cellular area and loading control pages is still painful. Would there be a way to setup Indigo Touch so we can upload the control pages into memory, not just pre-cache the control pages. I think the only thing that need to be received and sent from the iPhone are commands, not images. Just an idea.

Thanks again for the great work and giving us something to play with during the holidays.
Happy New Year everyone.

Ed
Last edited by dnomode on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:43 pm
bobeast offline
User avatar
Posts: 396
Joined: Apr 16, 2003

(No subject)

Initial observations:

1) I love the speed, the folder grouping, and the ability to exclude items via "enable in remote UI" mechanism.

2) The ability to use the existing Control Pages definitely helps the WAF especially since they are SOO much faster than Safari.

3) Control page display should allow rendering in a "fit to screen" fashion. scaling seems off for pages designed for Safari Touch.

4) In device view, requiring two gestures to toggle an on/off device seems cumbersome. Maybe touching the icon area on the left should just perform a simple toggle as opposed to bringing up the dark gray control window containing a switch. Having this available as a settable preference would be a bonus.

5) speaking of the "control window", it requires an additional gesture to dismiss it. Perhaps a timed fade-away once the user has interacted with the control and then "un-touched" at least for those control windows which have only a single control.

6) After turning off the iPhone for a time. I'm always getting the "Can't find Host" message. Selecting the host manually always connects fine.

7) Remembering where I was when quitting then restarting would be extremely useful. As it is, it always comes up in the Devices root view.

Choose to chance the rapids.
Dare to dance the tide.

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:33 am
editordz offline
Posts: 47
Joined: Dec 01, 2006
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

(No subject)

7) Remembering where I was when quitting then restarting would be extremely useful. As it is, it always comes up in the Devices root view.


I agree, this is high up on my wish list as well.

(more beta observations to follow soon).

-Dan

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: More feedback

dnomode wrote:
Just more feedback:
1) Indigo Touch seems to forgets the network if the iPhone screen goes to sleep for a few minutes while using Indigo Touch. After I slide the phone unlocked Indigo Touch will give me this error message:
Code: Select all
Can't Find Host, Connection to Indigo Server Failed: User-iMac.local
After selecting the OK button It takes me to the Choose an Indigo Server... page with an exclamation mark next to my servers name. However as soon as I select my server it connects immediately. This only happens when Indigo Touch was the active program. Starting Indigo Touch from the iPhone Home Page seem to work fine.


Known issue - see the beta 1 release post at the top of this forum.

dnomode wrote:
2) When controlling a light switch, synced to a small button on a 6-Button KeypadLinc, using the sliding bar will alway turn the switch on to 100 precent even if I only slide it to 25%. This only happens with switchs that are synced with one of the small buttons on a 6-Button KeypadLinc.


When you say "synced to a small button", do you mean that it's linked via INSTEON links? I'm assuming the switch that it's linked to is NOT a relay (non-dimmable) switch...

dnomode wrote:
3) Using Indigo Touch outside of my local network works better but still not great, I live in a bad cellular area and loading control pages is still painful. Would there be a way to setup Indigo Touch so we can upload the control pages into memory, not just pre-cache the control pages. I think the only thing that need to be received and sent from the iPhone are commands, not images. Just an idea.


Interesting thought. Thanks for the input!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

(No subject)

bobeast wrote:
4) In device view, requiring two gestures to toggle an on/off device seems cumbersome. Maybe touching the icon area on the left should just perform a simple toggle as opposed to bringing up the dark gray control window containing a switch. Having this available as a settable preference would be a bonus.


Known issue - see the beta 1 release post at the top of this forum.

bobeast wrote:
5) speaking of the "control window", it requires an additional gesture to dismiss it. Perhaps a timed fade-away once the user has interacted with the control and then "un-touched" at least for those control windows which have only a single control.


Interesting idea.

bobeast wrote:
6) After turning off the iPhone for a time. I'm always getting the "Can't find Host" message. Selecting the host manually always connects fine.


Known issue - see the beta 1 release post at the top of this forum.

bobeast wrote:
7) Remembering where I was when quitting then restarting would be extremely useful. As it is, it always comes up in the Devices root view.


Known issue - see the beta 1 release post at the top of this forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

(No subject)

editordz wrote:
7) Remembering where I was when quitting then restarting would be extremely useful. As it is, it always comes up in the Devices root view.


I agree, this is high up on my wish list as well.

(more beta observations to follow soon).

-Dan


Known issue - see the beta 1 release post at the top of this forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:22 pm
dnomode online
Posts: 112
Joined: Apr 12, 2008

(No subject)

Jay wrote:
dnomode wrote:
2) When controlling a light switch, synced to a small button on a 6-Button KeypadLinc, using the sliding bar will alway turn the switch on to 100 precent even if I only slide it to 25%. This only happens with switchs that are synced with one of the small buttons on a 6-Button KeypadLinc.
When you say "synced to a small button", do you mean that it's linked via INSTEON links? I'm assuming the switch that it's linked to is NOT a relay (non-dimmable) switch...

Sorry Jay, I made a mistake, I just notice this happening with Indigo 4. I dont now if I had this problem with Indigo 3. I dont use the sliders in the desktop application. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks
Ed

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 8611
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

(No subject)

dnomode wrote:
Sorry Jay, I made a mistake, I just notice this happening with Indigo 4. I dont now if I had this problem with Indigo 3. I dont use the sliders in the desktop application. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks
Ed


You didn't answer the question above: When you say "synced to a small button", do you mean that it's linked via INSTEON links?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook

Posted on
Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 pm
dnomode online
Posts: 112
Joined: Apr 12, 2008

(No subject)

yes, Insteon links.

Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests