revised basic_mini views

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:42 pm
seaofclouds offline

revised basic_mini views

i was bothered by the complexity and long load times of the iphone views - they look great, but even on wifi they took a while. what began as a hack to modify indigo's default mini pages, soon evolved into a plugin thanks to the efforts of jashaffner.

please see:
http://github.com/seaofclouds/indigo-mini-view-plugin/

to get the most out of these replacement files you will need experience with indigo, zip files, and possibly html and terminal. i'll do my best to answer your questions and give support for these replacements, however, the boards here are a great resource for anything that goes unanswered.

please feel free to contribute. i don't have a sprinkler system, so i'm not sure how these views look for those who do. post snapshots, if you like!
Last edited by seaofclouds on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:21 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: revised basic_mini views

Great -- thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:50 pm
thepainter offline

(No subject)

I followed the instructions on the page and am not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I put the folder Seaofclouds Indigo-Web .... in theIndigo2 Folder I don't get anything in the Basic pages. I'm sure I'm missing something, I'm using Indigo 3.0

Thanks,

Paul

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:36 am
seaofclouds offline

updated readme, better instructions.

@thepainter - sorry for the trouble. i've updated the readme with what i hope are better instructions. in the meantime, you'll want to:

UPDATE: information in this post is depricated. please follow instructions at http://github.com/seaofclouds/indigo-mini-view-plugin

download .zip file http://github.com/seaofclouds/indigo-mini-view-plugin/zipball/master

expand the download into:

Code: Select all
cd /Library/"Application Support"/"Perceptive Automation"/"Indigo 2"/IndigoWebServer/

and replace existing files with the new ones. obviously, if you've made changes to your files, you will first want to back them up.

hope this helps.
Last edited by seaofclouds on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am
Matt offline

(No subject)

Thanks alot for this new way of accessing Indigo from my iPhone. It beats the heck out of loading the control page from an iPhone and is much simpler than the Basic Page.

Just a note, simply replacing all files and folders, included in the zip file, with new ones will delete any custom png's, backgrounds, etc. you might have had.

I'm not sure, but I think all that needs to be replaced are the CSS and TEMPLATES folders.

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm
FaTMax offline

(No subject)

"The response could not be encoded with utf-8"

Yep, there goes my webserver. Including my controlopages..

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm
seaofclouds offline

how to restore original web server files after modifying

@fatmax - i'm not sure i understand your question. can you retrace your steps at getting that error?

in the meantime, if you believe that these replacement views are the cause of errors, you can always revert to your backups. if you followed my instructions in the README.textile, just remove the "IndigoWebServer" directory, and rename "IndigoWebServer-ORIGINAL" to "IndigoWebServer". Simply restart the Indigo server, and you should be back up and running.

no backups, no problem. just delete the "IndigoWebServer" directory, then reinstall the latest version of indigo 3. Installer will prompt you to UPGRADE. do so, and your settings should remain intact, and the web server will be installed with the default views. Simply restart the Indigo server, and you should be back up and running.

i've updated the readme.textile file with these tips on reverting.

FaTMax wrote:
"The response could not be encoded with utf-8"

Yep, there goes my webserver. Including my controlopages..

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: how to restore original web server files after modifying

This type of functionality is an excellent candidate for the Web Server plug-in architecture. You could take your template changes and create a plug-in that doesn't replace or edit any of the existing files. It would just drop into the plugins folder.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:20 pm
seaofclouds offline

looking into converting this into an indigo plugin

thanks for the tip, matt. i'll look into that.

support wrote:
This type of functionality is an excellent candidate for the Web Server plug-in architecture. You could take your template changes and create a plug-in that doesn't replace or edit any of the existing files. It would just drop into the plugins folder.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Download the IWS Variable Plugin from the filelib - I documented it very extensively so that it would be a good starting point for other plugins.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:53 pm
FaTMax offline

(No subject)

Thats the error I get when loading the loding the basicpages. At det minipages and Control Pages I get "Internal Server Error".

Unfortunately, after examening the Terminal and Indigo files, no backup was made. It stated: "Folder already exist, no files copied". I´ll chack Time Machine later today, hopefully it has been doing its job lately.

- FatMax

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm
jashaffner offline

(No subject)

Jay, where is the "filelib"? Thanks.

seaoflclouds,
Is it possible to show devices' status in real time without having to refresh?

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 pm
jashaffner offline

(No subject)

Lets say that I have two templates in my plugin. What path can I use in templateA to include templateB? I tried a couple different paths but to no luck.

Thanks.

ps: i am attempting to port seaofcloud's work into a plugin just to learn how to make use of plugin architecture thus the reason for my posts within this thread.

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

The path is relative to the main IndigoWebServer folder, so your include will look something like this:
Code: Select all
#include "plugins/PLUGIN_NAME_HERE/templates/templateB.html"

And thanks for making this into a plug-in!

Regards,
Matt