When is this needed?

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:29 am
mrmatt68 offline

When is this needed?

Hi,

I just ordered a harmony elite with the intentions of adding actions to siri. Do I install this plugin or install the home bridge-harmony plugin or both? I am currently using the home bridge buddy plugin. Just a little confused on what is needed.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 am
Different Computers offline

Re: When is this needed?

The harmony hub acts as an indigo device once the plugin is installed & configured.

You can then create Action groups that do harmony activities.

Then publish those to HomeKit with HomeKit bridge.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:45 am
FlyingDiver offline

mrmatt68 wrote:
I just ordered a harmony elite with the intentions of adding actions to siri. Do I install this plugin or install the home bridge-harmony plugin or both? I am currently using the home bridge buddy plugin. Just a little confused on what is needed.

I guess there's two ways to do this. Use this plugin so that the Hub can be controlled from Indigo, then use the HomeBridge Kit (or Homebridge Buddy) plugin to enable control of from HomeKit (and Siri).

Or use the homebridge-harmony adapter so you can go direct from HomeKit to the Harmony, bypassing Indigo.

Which you use depends on if you want to be able to control the Hub from Indigo as well as HomeKit.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:40 am
Different Computers offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Which you use depends on if you want to be able to control the Hub from Indigo as well as HomeKit.

Having gone the HomeKit Bridge route and the Harmony Hub plugin route, I can't recommend it enough. It will be much harder to arrange good integration between your AV and the rest of the house any other way.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 am
mrmatt68 offline

Thank you so much. Can’t wait to try this out! Love the new version of indigo with the plug-ins.

Page 1 of 1