HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge Closed Beta Discussion

Different Computers wrote:
The first 99 devices in Indigo appear, in alphabetical order.
Every time I delete a device, it tells me I can add a device. If I delete 10, it says I can add 10 more, etc.
There's no way I can see to make that window load any more.

I understand the confusion now, I have to think of a creative way other than "always excluding" to deal with this. Perhaps I'll add a means to "ignore for this server" or something, but then I have to build in a way to un-ignore. See it's a domino effect. I'll put on my thinking cap.

As for why your server doesn't start, I think you have a version other than Beta 4 because I, just now, went to Git and looked at the code and the code to run the dev testing is commented out for Beta 4, it may have been in there for Beta 3 though. What version does your plugin show?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 am
FlyingDiver offline

I don't think you can do the automatic add again, at least until he's got the hidden items working. But you can use the "Device:" pop-up to pick individual items to add.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I don't think you can do the automatic add again, at least until he's got the hidden items working. But you can use the "Device:" pop-up to pick individual items to add.

Exactly.

I've also just finished adding the ability to hide a device for "this session" so you can hide it while you are configuring but when you open the server dialog back up it will return to the device or action list (but not the configured items list), this is an alternative to hiding it forever so you can hide it just while you are doing fills or whatever.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Ok, this was enough of a change that requires testing for me to push out the 5th Beta (click this link to get it). Different, see if this helps ease your frustrations. I've updated the Wiki as well to reflect how the new features work.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 am
JustJack offline

I have been having a problem with the Beta 4 release and creating multiple servers. I just noticed you just pushed a new release and I will install that and see if it fixes the problem. In the B4 release I have two servers that I am able to add to the Home App and see all of the accessories and control them with HomePod and the Home app. everything seems to update quickly and changes made via Indigo Touch or HomeBridge all get update in all the right places.

I have a third bridge that indicates that it is running but I can't add it to the Home app. I am really not sure why this bridge does not show up in the Home app. So I am going to try B5.

This brings up the question of just what should I do whenever I want to start over with a new release? There is value in cleaning up if I think that the underlying data that was created in a previous release might be the problem, if so what are the steps to take to completely clean up HomeKit Bridge data? There looks to be files in
    Indigo7/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/[Indigo deviceID]...
    Indigo7/Logs/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/..
Are there more?

I also understand that an upgrade to the plugin needs to be able digest the previous setup and this needs to be tested as well. In the beta test cycle though it might be ok to say that a release needs to have a clean install because something in the existing data has changed so much we need to cleanup first.

If I do a clean install, what do I need to do on the Home app to have it clean up devices that have been delete on the Bridge?

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 am
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Ok, this was enough of a change that requires testing for me to push out the 5th Beta (click this link to get it). Different, see if this helps ease your frustrations. I've updated the Wiki as well to reflect how the new features work.

I just testing the hide devices functionality and it works great.

I think you need to revisit your use of the terms "hide" and "exclude". The plugin menu refers to "Managing Hidden Objects", but the server device configuration dialog uses "exclude" which adds these devices to the hidden list? Also, on the wiki page (https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... g-the-list) I think the two screen shots are reversed. The "Delete and Hide" shot is right after the "Delete and Exclude" discussion and vice versa.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I think you need to revisit your use of the terms "hide" and "exclude".

I've come to the same conclusion, it was an off-the-cuff addition that I didn't put a lot of terminology thought into :). Thanks for the heads up on the Wiki! I have to create those in the blind until I upload the images with my release so I don't get to see them until after the release is done.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I think you need to revisit your use of the terms "hide" and "exclude".

Done! I updated the Wiki and it'll get new images on the next Beta. Of course that breaks the previous Wiki link I sent but oh well :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am
JustJack offline

From the Release notes, under Know Issues:
Creating additional servers is not incrementing the user name and then not showing up in Homebridge as a result (reported by Autolog viewtopic.php?p=154501#p154501)

Can we fix this by just editing the config.json file or is there another workaround? Will just editing the offending server in the Server Parameters (Advanced) panel do the trick? Looks like the username and port needs to be changed.

Not sure where else username field is stored

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:53 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

JustJack wrote:
Can we fix this by just editing the config.json file or is there another workaround?

You can do that for instant gratification but it'll come back as soon as you start the server again as each server start forces a config rewrite. Multiple servers have been a lower priority for me until I get the server wizards written that will rely on them. Hopefully in the next beta or the one after that.

The workaround is to simply hand-edit the settings instead of letting the auto settings run, so untick the box and change the user name by one character and if it complains about ports on the other two fields then change them too. That will survive all reboots.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 am
Different Computers offline

I've read the readme, and I've read the wiki, and I've looked in the indigo server folder and the documents folder. I've checked the plugin config menu. I can't find the logs I've seen others reference, aside from what appears in Indigo's Event Log window.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

They are in the Indigo logs folder:

Code: Select all
Indigo 7/logs/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I added a new entry to the FAQ for log location. Most folks probably don't want it but if I can direct people to a URL when they ask then it makes it easier. Thanks Different.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm
Different Computers offline

OK, I have remote Indigo access, but at the moment not remote session access on my Indigo mac. So I can't look up what's in the logs, but as I finally got my head around the interface for 0.4 (can't upgrade because no remote access until tonight) I got one of these for probably every device I added:
   HomeKit Bridge Debug            Invalid Indigo Object started as a HomeKit Thermostat

Didn't always say thermostat, and notably I don't think I added anything that even tells a temp, and I for sure don't have any thermostats in Indigo. Unfortunately!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Different Computers wrote:
OK, I have remote Indigo access, but at the moment not remote session access on my Indigo mac. So I can't look up what's in the logs, but as I finally got my head around the interface for 0.4 (can't upgrade because no remote access until tonight) I got one of these for probably every device I added:
   HomeKit Bridge Debug            Invalid Indigo Object started as a HomeKit Thermostat

Didn't always say thermostat, and notably I don't think I added anything that even tells a temp, and I for sure don't have any thermostats in Indigo. Unfortunately!

Yes, those are in the logs and they are in mine as well, but are the devices working in HomeKit? That is not a critical error, it just means we tried to instantiate the device without having an automatic mapping to Indigo, something that happens on startup (and why looking the the logs for every minor message will drive you crazy).

Check Them Out Here

Page 5 of 26 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26