Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 am
stuartcolman offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

@norcoscia, That looks really good in the mount now!! You have given me ideas for a secondary controller upstairs :D

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:02 pm
noel1983 offline

Just to see if I'm understanding this right, you design in affinity, use that to produce an image, (your png), apply that as the background and then use the indigo control page designer to add the actual controls on top, have I got that right?

I'd also love the files for this if that would be ok, I'll take a look at affinity, only ever really dabbled with gimp for photoshop stuff.

Great work guys, thank you!

Posted on
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 pm
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
Dave can you tell me what a foo is

Foo is just a placeholder in my example. Foo could be anything. It's the bit that follows the plus sign that's critical. If you haven't seen it, you might want to have a look at this page http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=cp_custom_images

alarm+.png (this is the transparent one)
alarm+on.png (this is the one you want to see)

alert+.png
alert+true.png

ham_sandwich+.png
ham_sandwich+mustard.png

(Foo is short for foobar. Foobar is the phonetic of FUBAR. FUBAR is an acronym for F... Up Beyond All Recognition! :D )

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:34 am
norcoscia offline

OK Dave - now I see - sorry I'm so dense :oops:

noel1983 - I do the whole thing in Affinity, everything - then I make a copy of that file and cut out pretty much everything that is not static - that becomes my back ground and I save it as a png at the exact size of the display in px (I actually create it a that size so everything is alway the right size.) Then I take the individual bits that I plan to turn into graphic elements and put them in separate files with backgrounds just a little bigger than each element. Once they are finished they are each turned into png files for export to Indigo.

So I have a ton of files - I tried ziping some up but the site did not allow me to upload a zip - do I need to do something special.

Examples below
Attachments
cp background.jpg
cp background.jpg (186.8 KiB) Viewed 10017 times
2017-09-09_04-29-20.png
2017-09-09_04-29-20.png (37.03 KiB) Viewed 10017 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 am
noel1983 offline

Perfect thank you that explanation helps a lot.

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm
bkmar1192 offline

You might consider making your icon backgrounds transparent. If you decide to change background color you'll need to change all of your icons as well.

I made the mistake of not making my icons transparent and will go back one of these days to fix them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm
DaveL17 offline

norcoscia wrote:
OK Dave - now I see - sorry I'm so dense :oops:

Truly no worries. We're all here to help each other.

One of the best features about Indigo is the community.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:26 pm
bsp9493 offline

Question...

Hope this is the correct forum to ask in or should I move it somewhere else?

How does everyone manage to format text in the control page editor - especially when making tables or columns.

I can usually fight my way through getting images and headers where I want, but text drives me nuts! I'm usually out by 1 or 2 pixels left/right, up/down

I attached an image of my weather control page that I am still working on and it drives me nuts that I can not constantly get the txt to line up evenly. There has to be a trick that I am missing when it comes to formatting.

Most times I will try to get one line just right, then duplicate that section and move it in to place, but, If I end up changing something in the future, it's a nightmare to get it all straight again:(

Thanx in advance.

dave
Attachments
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (199.14 KiB) Viewed 9128 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Outside of using snap to put it into place, what I always used was my own various grid images that I would set the background to so I had nice lines all over the screen to line up text and then when I was done I set the background image to be what it really was supposed to be. I did some pretty crazy alignments with my Room-O-Matic system like that.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:32 pm
bsp9493 offline

I do have snap to grid on, but I'm either placing things incorrectly or it's not functioning as I expect.

Hey... I love that idea! you mean like a transparent sheet of grid paper as an initial background. I will have to try that, trial and error for grid sizing depending on the control page size i am working on.

Thanx for that!!!

d

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm
noel1983 offline

Hoping this is the spring thaw of this thread! It’s my favourite thread on the forum so hoping there’s lots of beautiful control pages about to emerge from winter project hibernation!

Sadly it won’t be mine albeit I am getting more automation in place with motion sensors and beacons so once thats in place a control page will have to get to the top of the list!

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 pm
Sharek326 offline

I'll try to get it started. Here is a page I was just working on for the heating.

The Plot shows the outside temp as it relates to energy being consumed by the oil furnace. The rest are basic controls of the heat including what schedule is currently being run.

Itunes and Speaker Control

Roku Controls

Basic Room Control. Switch and Receptacle states change the colors

I may end up scrapping this concept for something that I have been kicking around. Just need to work up the ambition to start all over again.

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Professor Falken offline

So far, my pages are mostly designed for iPhone use. I have been redesigning them for a Kindle Fire HD8 that I may try as a bedside control, but those are still a work in progress. Here's my main dashboard that is basically a snapshot of important data. The icons at the left are for more drilled-down info in each subject. Some of those change with device states/variables, such as the lock locking when the alarm is armed, the sprinkler spraying when running, etc.
Attachments
IMG_9536.PNG
IMG_9536.PNG (196.27 KiB) Viewed 9085 times
Last edited by Professor Falken on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:01 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Wow, both of those recent posts are really nice control pages. I'm quite impressed!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:46 pm
Professor Falken offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Wow, both of those recent posts are really nice control pages. I'm quite impressed!

Thanks. I actually really enjoy building highly customized CP's. Now, if I could only convince my wife to let me mount tablet based controllers all over the house...