Image wrong size in CP design right size in browser

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 am
Busta999 offline

Image wrong size in CP design right size in browser

I am setting up a new control page

I added a PNG to it that was 150x200 a few days ago.

As i worked with it I decided the graphic should be smaller - so I remade it as 150x75, even though the new graphic size is correct in the browser it still shows as 150x200 in the CP editor.

This makes positioning it very difficult and causes positioning issues between devices, on DomoPad and safari browser view I can get the right size graphic in the right location with a bit of messing around. But the graphic is completely out if viewed the iOS Indigo app.

I have deleted the graphic from the page and restarted Indigo but when I add the graphic of 150x75 it adds it to the CP editor as a150x200 graphic.

If I duplicate graphic and add it, it works fine and adds a 150x75 graphic.

Is the only way around this to rename files?

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 am
autolog offline

Re: Image wrong size in CP design right size in browser

Not sure if this helps: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=12711

It's a post from 2014 - I thought this problem had been resolved, but maybe not? :)

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:11 am
Busta999 offline

Jon

Thanks.

I just conceded defeat and renamed the graphic, all the other graphics have changed and they are wrong too.

But at least the overall size has not changed so easier for placement :-)

Looks like that Feature Request was not implemented :-(

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We need to improve this, but if you were to select a different image then re-select the original (in the popup menu) it should recalculate its dimensions. Also might need to quit and relaunch the Indigo client so that it clears its cache.

We did add an option to clear the image cache in Indigo Touch, but the Indigo Client still needs some work.

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 am
Busta999 offline

On a similar vein..

I have setup a Variable that is set to *** WARNING *** when a Temperature alert occurs

I have added this to the Control Page if I change the font size from 10 to 30 all I get on the display is *** everything else is truncated.

How do I use a bigger font and not have the text truncated?

Any ideas?

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:44 am
Busta999 offline

Solved it !!!!

I found the resize handle at the bottom right of the text!

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 am
DaveL17 offline

Busta999 wrote:
On a similar vein..

I have setup a Variable that is set to *** WARNING *** when a Temperature alert occurs

I have added this to the Control Page if I change the font size from 10 to 30 all I get on the display is *** everything else is truncated.

How do I use a bigger font and not have the text truncated?

Any ideas?

Have you tried increasing the length of the text field? You can do that using the handle in the lower right corner of the control page element (it's red in this image because the cursor is on it --although the cursor doesn't appear in this image). The height of the element should grow automatically when you select the font size.
Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 6.44.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 6.44.35 AM.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 4763 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:53 am
Busta999 offline

Dave

Many thanks, just found it.

I had been trying to pull on the other corner handles - DOH!! Head Slap!

I am working on a Control Page that is simplified and keep it running 24x7 on an Amazon Fire I picked up for £29.

The goal is to give a lot of info but only requires a glance to see everything is Ok - i.e. trend icon showing green or red depending on status and simple highlights.

i.e. if screen is Green all good.

I wish there was graphic that allowed Red Amber and Green status :-(

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:22 am
Different Computers offline

Busta999 wrote:
I wish there was graphic that allowed Red Amber and Green status :-(

These are not that hard to make, but your device/variable needs a minimum of 3 different statuses to support it.

Short version: device has statuses of "good" "marginal" and "unhappy".

Create a PNG graphic for the good state (or copy a graphic you want.) Name it something like 3colorIndicator+.png
Change its color to what you want for marginal. Save as 3colorIndicator+marginal.png
Change its color to what you want for unhappy. Save as 3colorIndicator+unhappy.png

If 3colorIndicator+.png appears in your device list, you have made your custom graphic correctly. Place it and link it to the proper device.

If you want to divide a number range up into three colors, well, you need a graphic for every value, so it would be

3colorIndicator+.png, 3colorIndicator+[N].png where N = the number range for that color. (I've never done one of these number ranges and may have some details wrong, but the info is out there.)

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 am
Busta999 offline

Excellent!!!!

I'll give it a go

I like the idea of building BI into this,

Top Level Traffic Lights for House Temp, Security Camera Status, etc etc

Then by touching the traffic light takes you to another CP with a breakdown of Room/Camera traffic lights, then touch on the traffic light to take you to another CP with detail and or controls

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:39 am
bkmar1192 offline

If you want an unlimited range of different colors you can use the Dynamic Control plugin with a refreshing image. Can set the rgb value of a square graphic then overlay a transparent frame over the top to frets other shapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:51 am
stuartcolman offline

@Busta999, It would be good to see your Control Pages once done. I'm using an Amazon Fire 7 for control too.

Posted on
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:32 am
Busta999 offline

Here it is so far,

Still a work in progress...

Most of the HA is automated with no direct human interaction. Most things that require expressly requesting it are performed through the Echoes positioned around the house, haven’t tested fully, but have not yet found a room where an echo can’t hear me.

The principle is a quick glance reveals everything is good and any problems stick out as red.

I am putting this up on two Fire Tablets, next Black Friday I’ll grab a slack handful of these and put them all over the house.

Temperature

I am in a new house and because of a large sunroom on the back and it is open plan into the kitchen, we want to keep a close eye on temperatures around the house. More important since I rebalanced the radiators.

The graphs show readings every 15 mins for the last three hours. The recorded temperature is green, I have created two variables for the target temp in living areas and bedrooms (we prefer a cooler bedroom), when the temperature is meeting target or exceeding it you get a green graph, if it drops below target you get red appearing, more red the bigger the gap.

The graphs reveal the trend.

Selecting a graph takes you to a CP with details and 3 day graphs for each room.

Fridge/Freezer

After an incident where the freezer door was left open I put a zwave door monitor on it. The door monitor goes red when the door opens, the graphs shows last 3 hours of temperatures.
If the door is left open too long, fridge or freezer goes out of acceptable ranges the buttons go red and a text alert appears across the top of the screen, also I and my wife are texted with the alert.

Pressing the fridge or freezer graph takes you to the detail CPs for each device, showing three day graphs along with power hourly/daily consumption.

Cameras

I have 6 cameras up, three external, three internal (which come on when house is in Away or Goodnight modes). The three externals are shown as live feeds (4 seconds refresh). Selecting one takes you to full screen with a 1 second refresh.
Each camera shows a green light as long as it is responding to a ping. If it stops responding Indigo resets the power supply to the camera and hard reboots the camera. I may take off the green light, but it does reassure she who must be obeyed that all is good.
I and my wife get an alert on our phones if Motion Is detected on the cameras, the Motion Indicator stays up long enough to turn and glance at the nearest Fire Tablet and see which one is reporting motion.

I don’t show internal cameras because we are not in to see them when they are on. We use iCamPro to remote monitor cameras away from home. Motion activity is recorded to the cloud in case someone steals the Mac running it :-)

Internet

These are just the result of pinging google, Unifi and Router boxes. Not very sophisticated yet, will enhance these. Also want to track wired and Ethernet over power networks. More work to be done here, but a reasonable start for indicating an issue.

Extra bits

Need to enhance network indicators.
Looking at a standard universal variable with the current Alert text, ie big red text in middle or top of the screen to make it more noticeable - accompanied with a imessage message.

Temporary stuff

The Power switch in the left corner is temporary and forces graphs to update - just while I am developing it.

The Lamp icon is just for me to monitor the automated lights outside, temporarily checking that they light up with activity.

Away indicator is me looking at flagging current house mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Busta999 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 am
stuartcolman offline

That looks really good. What are you using for the graphs? Also, what are using for the Network PINGS etc?

Thanks

Stuart

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 am
Busta999 offline

The great MatPlotLib from DaveL17

The ping tests using Network Devices/Network Services by jheddings

I want to install the unify plugin and get closer to monitoring, I’ll try that later today.

I am really loving Indigo, I keep finding more and more interesting and useful things for it to do.