Hide control page Nav bar

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 am
norcoscia online

Hide control page Nav bar

I found this in the indigo documentation

indigodomo://controlpage/master%20bedroom?hideNavBar=1

what would be the command to just set all my control pages to hide - pls don't say I have to issue this for every page :wink:

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 am
norcoscia online

Re: Hide control page Nav bar

I guess I should add I'm trying to do this on my IPAD (area in red box) - any help is appreciated since I'm not a UNIX sys admin :-(
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (255.38 KiB) Viewed 3217 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I think the answer is you have to do it for every page. :-) You can access this page which will list all of the Control Pages and you can select any of them (and the nav bar isn't shown):

indigodomo://controlpage/_internal_control_pages_?hideNavBar=1

Maybe that is what you are after?

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:57 am
howartp offline

I'm confused....

Once you've hidden the bar, it stays hidden for all pages in that session anyway? (Or combine it with viewUntilQuit for returning sessions)

I have an invisible button on my 'homepage' control page that sets hide and view by linking back to itself, so once I've done that all pages are full screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 am
norcoscia online

I can't get any of those commands to work no matter what I try - BTW, I'm trying to get this to work for Indigo Touch for iOS - I'm not displaying on a web page. Are the commands supposed to be typed in via the terminal window?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:44 am
howartp offline

No, when you edit your control page, instead of having the button open another control page directly, instead have it open a URL with the above path such as your first post.

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:58 am
norcoscia online

Sigh, so I design my pages on my big Mac, I run a second instance of indigo so it is not the Mac running the indigo server. When I get done futzing with a change I hit close and save - then the change shows up on the page on my IPAD screen which is running touch

Are you saying that I have to build a separate page on my IPAD that goes to each screen in a different way such (as with an server action) that I specify as (for example) indigodomo://controlpage/master%20bedroom?hideNavBar=1

So after I make a change on my big Mac I need to go to that special page so it can send me to the page I was working on - boy I sure hope not - building control pages and making changes is enough of a pain as is...

Is there no button I press somewhere that says I don't want the NAV bar on any of my touch screens

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:06 am
howartp offline

No, that's not what I said.

My Mac is out of service at moment so I can't show you.

In your Mac editor, edit your default/home/first iPad screen - the one you leave active when you're not in another page.

Edit just one of the links so it doesn't switch to the target control page, but instead links to the URL of that same target control page, but with hideNavBar and optionally viewUntilQuit on the URL.

Open Touch and go to the default page and press the button you've just edited. The nav bar will disappear.

Now as you browse Touch it will stay hidden whilst you have it open. If you close Touch, even to the background, it will redisplay the nav bar if you didn't add viewUntilQuit.

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:10 am
howartp offline

Actually, have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=16799&p=131933&hilit=hidenavbar#p131933

I posted in there previously the screenshot I was going to post you.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 am
norcoscia online

That works - thanks Peter :D

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 am
norcoscia online

One more question - the default size for IPad Retina is listed as 2048X1408 - but the actual size is 2048x1536 - are the missing pixels for the Nav bar. Wondering because I plan to hide it and I don't want to loose any space or have the aspect ratios of objects change -- I like my circles round :-)

For a IPad retina w/o using the Nav bar should I use 2048x1536 vice what is in the default in the drop down for the control page background?

PS. I tried to figure it out using a big circle but just scratching my head on exactly what i is doing when I switch between Nav bar and no Nav bar

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:50 am
howartp offline

Yey! :-)

Not sure about res; I don't think I've seen that question before.

Posted on
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, all the preset sizes in the control page editor for iOS devices assume the standard bars. You'll need to adjust if you want to design the pages without.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1