ITouch 2.1 and full screen control pages on iphone?

Posted on
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:35 pm
Professor Falken offline

ITouch 2.1 and full screen control pages on iphone?

Does the new Touch 2.1 not support full screen (hide Nav Bar and Status Bar, view until quit)?

My wife updated the app without asking me, and it appears that a direct webclip icon profile that I created no longer works.

I have not updated on my phone, and it works as expected.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Posted on
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 pm
howartp offline

Re: ITouch 2.1 and full screen control pages on iphone?

My hideNavBar is working. iPhone 5s, 10.3.*

I don't think I've got a viewUntilQuit anywhere to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am
Professor Falken offline

Yeah, I can't figure this out for the life of me. When I type in the address in Safari, it works (though strangely, it asks me if I want to "open in null" instead of Indigo Touch). But it works.

But when I install the same custom profile that I have on my phone, with a custom icon and a web clip to the address that works when typed into Safari, all I get is a blank white screen. So the address works fine when typed in, but when linked from a webclip icon in a profile it doesn't.

wife's phone (which doesn't work) is iOS 9.3 and Indigo Touch 2.1

my phone (which works fine) is iOS 10.3 and Indigo Touch 2.0

This almost feels like a problem with the way Safari and Profiles are working rather than a Indigo Touch 2.1 issue, though it is weird that when it asks for permission to open the app (when I manually type in the address) it doesn't know the name of the app (just calls it "null").

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:59 am
roussell offline

The "null" thing is interesting, sounds like something isn't associated properly. Have you tried completely removing Indigo Touch from the device and reinstalling? Sorry if you already coved that and I missed it.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 am
Professor Falken offline

That's a good idea. I'll try that when I can get my hands back on her phone.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 am
howartp offline

I read in another thread about the handler changing somewhere.

Indigo:// instead of Indigodomo:// or vice-versa

Does that affect your testing?

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 am
Professor Falken offline

Nope, no luck with deleting and reinstalling.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 am
howartp offline

Not sure if you saw my post that I wrote whilst you were writing your reply, 6 seconds after mine.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:36 pm
Professor Falken offline

Yeah thanks. I tried both of those (there's a 3rd one mentioned in the wiki too, I think it's indigocontroler or something). All of them work when typed into a browser, but none do if saved as a webclip on a profile.

This isn't a huge deal. In fact, by using the viewUntilQuit option I've got it running on her phone in full screen unless she quits the app. But it is nice to have an icon that launches Indigo Touch in that mode.

I'll have to keep experimenting. Only other difference between our phone is that I've moved up to iOS 10 while she's still on 9. Maybe that somehow affects the handling of profile webclips or something.

Thanks for the input.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what is causing the webclip to fail. We did add some new URL handlers for Indigo, as you noticed, because there was another app also using indigo://. That doesn't explain why the webclips aren't working (but Safari is) though.

I'm curious, when you get the blank white screen is that screen Indigo Touch? Double-tapping home should show you the app names, I think.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:31 pm
durosity offline

I hate to sound like a broken record but if there was a toggle in the indigo prefs section for full screen mode permanently on/kiosk mode we wouldn’t need to make web clippings linking to the app ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:49 pm
Professor Falken offline

I'm not sure what is causing the webclip to fail. We did add some new URL handlers for Indigo, as you noticed, because there was another app also using indigo://. That doesn't explain why the webclips aren't working (but Safari is) though.

I'm curious, when you get the blank white screen is that screen Indigo Touch? Double-tapping home should show you the app names, I think.

I'll check on that tomorrow. I didn't think to try to see exactly what it was calling the white screen. I did notice that if I dragged it up, it had a dark bar at the bottom, with no additional graphics. It wouldn't drag up much beyond about 10% or so though.

I hate to sound like a broken record but if there was a toggle in the indigo prefs section for full screen mode permanently on/kiosk mode we wouldn’t need to make web clippings linking to the app ;)

Well, in fairness, I am doing it not only for the full screen control pages, but also in order to use a custom icon for Indigo touch, which a toggle wouldn't address.

Will report back after I investigate Matt's question.

Posted on
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:15 am
durosity offline

Well they could add the option to customise the icon in the app too. (Apple did add an API to change it ad-hoc a while ago didn’t they?. ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Professor Falken offline

The blank white screen, which is triggered by the profile webclip, has the name that I gave the webclip (Indigo) and the custom icon that I made, when viewed in the app switcher.

So the webclip is attempting to load, but it does not seem to follow through all the way to launching Indigo Touch 2.1. And I have again confirmed that the exact same address, when typed into Safari, will load it.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:43 am
Professor Falken offline

Re-posting here to resurrect thread (sorry)

Is anyone successfully running Indigo touch 2.1 (presumably on iOS11) with:

1) Launched in full screen mode (Hide Nav Bar, Hide Status Bar)
2) View until quit
3) a custom homescreen icon to do 1 and 2

I have avoided upgrading both my iOS and to 64bit Indigo Touch 2.1 because I really like having those 3 things (my CP's are all designed to have no nav bar, etc) and when my wife upgraded to 2.1 last year I was unable to get that functionality back (see previous posts).

I use Configurator to install profiles to accomplish all this.

Wanted to ask because if others have successfully done it, I would assume there must be a solution.

Thanks.