1.60 as Launcher

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: 1.60 as Launcher

It's working great for me, sorry I haven't reported sooner. My wife has had an appendicitis thing, and then an unrelated car accident (no injuries, just car damage), I fell off of a ladder changing a floodlight (it buckled and collapsed actually), and my oldest daughter is graduating high school this week so I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, but I do have a couple Fires running the most basic of "launcher home pages" and haven't noticed any issues at all.

That's a heck of a stretch you have going there!

How hard would it be to implement a "click" sound on any screen tap?

That's already in there :) Somewhere in your Fire settings should be an option to Enable Touch Sounds, though Amazon may rename or re-arrange the settings. Mine is under Sounds -> Other Sounds. If that is enabled, the buttons should have a slight sound. Also may want to be sure haptic feedback is enabled in the application's settings under User Interface Options.

Adam

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 7:51 am
roussell offline

That's a heck of a stretch you have going there

Yeh, it's been great... I'll skip the parts about also having a dead upstairs HVAC and broken basement sewage pump...

That's already in there :) Somewhere in your Fire settings should be an option to Enable Touch Sounds, though Amazon may rename or re-arrange the settings. Mine is under Sounds -> Other Sounds. If that is enabled, the buttons should have a slight sound. Also may want to be sure haptic feedback is enabled in the application's settings under User Interface Options.

Hmm, I *thought* I looked thoroughly, but I'll have to check again; maybe it's something else Amazon removed. I do have haptic feedback enabled, but no change on the Fire between on and off. I'll look this evening (assuming I make it home with the recent bad luck!).

Sheesh, as I'm typing this, the wife called and said power is out in the whole neighborhood and Alabama Power reports two hours to restore. All the beeping in the house (from the UPSes) is driving her insane. It's times like this you remember that you didn't test the emergency shutdown on the ESXi servers in the basement. Goodbye virtuals...

Beautiful sunny morning in Alabama with no clouds in the sky and all underground utilities in the neighborhood. W.T.F

Terry

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 7:56 am
RogueProeliator offline

Sheesh, as I'm typing this, the wife called and said power is out in the whole neighborhood and Alabama Power reports two hours to restore. All the beeping in the house (from the UPSes) is driving her insane. It's times like this you remember that you didn't test the emergency shutdown on the ESXi servers in the basement. Goodbye virtuals...

Those drive my wife and kids NUTS... I have to admit, having 10 UPS units all beeping at slightly different times is a tad bit annoying. Some don't have a "silence" feature which is kind of stupid. Oh well.

Beautiful sunny morning in Alabama with no clouds in the sky and all underground utilities in the neighborhood. W.T.F

Yours too, huh? Normally ours are during our lightning shows but we have those random ones too -- only occasionally can a "real" reason be found (car hitting a transformer, tree limb, etc.) The last few times the text about restoration has actually included a cause, which is neat though ultimately useless.

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 am
Different Computers offline

Let me see if I understand what you are all trying to accomplish here.

LauncherHijack allows us to set DomoPad as the app that comes to the foreground by default at boot, and any time someone hits the home button.

With this URL setup you're talking about, Control Pages can contain links that open any arbitrary app on the Fire tablet.

With a paid DomoPad, you can set the default view of the app to any screen, including a custom Control Page with links to those arbitrary apps. Further, I think you're suggesting that Indigo and the DomoPad plugin can push notifications and even screen changes to the pad based on typical Indigo triggers and schedules.

Do I have all this right? With the plugin running, can Indigo force a Fire to return to a given DomoPad screen even if it's, say, sitting at the Weather app?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 am
RogueProeliator offline

LauncherHijack allows us to set DomoPad as the app that comes to the foreground by default at boot, and any time someone hits the home button.

Correct

With this URL setup you're talking about, Control Pages can contain links that open any arbitrary app on the Fire tablet.

Again, correct. Whenever you set the application as a replacement launcher, you no longer have the standard application drawer since you don't have the home screen... so this is a way to still launch, say, Sonos or some other third party application. The recent apps button / switcher will still work too, of course. Considering a couple of small changes to make this even more convenient based on Terry's suggestions, but nothing in the works yet (some type of small app drawer accessible from the side of the screen with the launchable apps of your choosing).

With a paid DomoPad, you can set the default view of the app to any screen, including a custom Control Page with links to those arbitrary apps. Further, I think you're suggesting that Indigo and the DomoPad plugin can push notifications and even screen changes to the pad based on typical Indigo triggers and schedules.

Correct.

Do I have all this right? With the plugin running, can Indigo force a Fire to return to a given DomoPad screen even if it's, say, sitting at the Weather app?

Yes. In the settings you can control when the Indigo server can force the control page display. There are a few options such as "only when dimmed" (thus inactive), "only when showing control pages", and "always". The always option will launch / bring the app to the foreground to display the page.

Adam

Posted on
Wed May 17, 2017 5:11 pm

There are a few options such as "only when dimmed" (thus inactive), "only when showing control pages", and "always". The always option will launch / bring the app to the foreground to display the page.

Where are these options? I don't see them in the Indigo device, or as part of a Trigger action.

EDIT: is this the DomoPad options for "Allow Control Page Switch"?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 am
RogueProeliator offline

EDIT: is this the DomoPad options for "Allow Control Page Switch"?

Yup. Things such as that need to be set on-device because it really should be the control of the device owner, not the Indigo server, as to the behavior on the device itself.

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for the clarification.

Will sending the screen from Indigo to the tablet work even if some other app is in the foreground?

Posted on
Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Will sending the screen from Indigo to the tablet work even if some other app is in the foreground?

Yes, if set to Always display the page in the settings.

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 am

Ok, seems like I've got my head around most of this now.

I wonder though, if I've missed something, or have I just noticed the next DomoPad feature request? There's no way to be able to have Indigo send a command to
Code: Select all
launch://[package name]
, right?

That ability would be awesome. It would allow Indigo to send the tablet back to, say, an Android weather app, or whatever.

Posted on
Tue May 23, 2017 10:42 am
RogueProeliator offline

That ability would be awesome. It would allow Indigo to send the tablet back to, say, an Android weather app, or whatever.

No way currently, but that is a reasonable / doable request... I could see the use for something such as "Show Ring Camera Feed" or something like that as well. I'll try to get it added into the next iteration.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 am
RogueProeliator offline

Interesting side effect from enabling Domotics Pad as a launcher... my old device which has limited memory (like 640MB or something) has been much more stable as the system is using less memory as overhead behind the scenes. Just an FYI for anyone with an older device that may have been crashing on graphics-intensive control pages due to lack of memory.

Posted on
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:35 pm
Professor Falken offline

Might this functionality be useful for having the DomoPad Client (Kindle Fire HD8 in my case) play a locally stored music file on command?

I have been trying to use Indigo to build a souped-up bedside alarm clock. This device would have access to all the core CP's (reformatted for the specific Kindle size, and very dark-- at least at night). And with DomoPad's ability to push out CP changes, could change for something like a severe wether alert or the house alarm going off. The alarm clock would mostly set itself to my weekly schedule, but I could easily adjust the wake-up time, even if not in my room, using a CP interface on my phone. Basically, one of Terry's wall mounted controls, but set up on a small easel on my night stand.

I think I have most of the scripts/triggers worked out, but I have yet to figure out how to handle the actual alarm. Tried Airfoil, but had some problems with it disconnecting the "speaker" (the Kindle) when I went to silence the alarm, and not reconnecting without deeper input from me back on the Mac or at least in Indigo.

I think it would be both easier and more reliable (it is supposed to replace an alarm clock, after all) if I could just put a bunch of music on a microSD card and have, say, the music app play a song from a folder at random.

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 am
kwijibo007 offline

Hi Adam, I just received my 7" Fire which is also my first Android device. I loaded Google Play and installed Domotics Pad within about 10 minutes. Awesome work, Mate. Fantastic App.

Running Domotics Pad as the Launcher is a killer feature.

I think I read somewhere that you couldn't purchase the pro version from the side-loaded Google Play store? I had no problem doing this.

My only wish (with the Fire) is that Amazon would allow removing the lock screen...

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hi Adam, I just received my 7" Fire which is also my first Android device. I loaded Google Play and installed Domotics Pad within about 10 minutes. Awesome work, Mate. Fantastic App.

Thanks, Pete - I appreciate the kind words!

I think I read somewhere that you couldn't purchase the pro version from the side-loaded Google Play store? I had no problem doing this.

Hmm, I don't know about purchasing apps from the store via Fire -- there certainly isn't anything particular about the Pro update (versus other apps)... but I don't use a Fire. Terry, know anything about this limitation?

My only wish (with the Fire) is that Amazon would allow removing the lock screen...

I've seen at least one root tool that claims to remove ads from the lock screen, but never anything that completely removes the lock screen; I don't pay TOO much attention to the fire, but I suspect if anyone had a removal option then Terry would have known about it.

Adam