Insteon Siren

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:50 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon Siren

No, from your description it sounds just like that is behavior of how it works.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm
CraigM offline

Why would a DEVICE>OFF command stop the siren immediately, and a POWERLINC>OFF take 20 seconds? I have always found that POWERLINC commands are the speediest and most reliable.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You would have to ask Smarthome. They are different commands. From your description it sounds like the command is sent immediately, then the siren has a delay before it turns OFF. I don't know why they would implement it like that, but it isn't Indigo asking for the delay.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you tried sending "Scene Instant Off" instead of "Scene Off"? Maybe that will avoid the delay.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:56 pm
CraigM offline

INSTANT OFF much better, maybe 2-3 seconds

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am
rgspb offline

Matt your solution worked for me too, thanks!!