[ANSWERED]Someone please help me - I'm loosing my mind

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am
norcoscia offline

[ANSWERED]Someone please help me - I'm loosing my mind

Recently I started working with control pages since I now have a device on my wall full-time. I have some photos below. The issue is a page I have made that shows the weather forecast for the next week. I'm using NOAA Weather Plus and some ICONS I found on this site.
The issue is, I get a different representation on every different type of screen I have - (different icons). When I look at the screen in web browser it is showing the correct icons, on my iPad all the icons are the older ones (wrong ones). And on my Domotics Pad, for some reason, half the icons are right and half are the old (wrong ones).

I have been fighting with this for 3 days, I have tried moving the old Icons out of the device folder and restarting everything, no joy, so I removed the old icons from my INDIGO Mac - gone not on the computer at all. I did a search and verified I could only find the correct icons (the newer ones). Restarted everything and rebooted everything.

Somehow the old icons are still showing up and I'm stumped - please please help me.......
Attachments
2017-01-20_06-54-01.jpeg
2017-01-20_06-54-01.jpeg (90.83 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
2017-01-20_06-48-35.jpeg
2017-01-20_06-48-35.jpeg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
2017-01-20_06-52-50.jpeg
2017-01-20_06-52-50.jpeg (262.11 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:50 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Someone please help me - I'm loosing my mind with this

Somehow the old icons are still showing up and I'm stumped - please please help me.......

For Domotics Pad you may just need to clear the cache of icons (on the device itself). On the Control Page listings screen, choose the menu in the top right and there is a clear image cache option.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am
ckeyes888 offline

Being a constant battle for me as well...please oh please guys, fix the cacheing issue!

Just my .02¢ but it might read a bit better having either the day of the week or forecast text
a slightly different shade or color.

Carl

P.S. ...love the non-NOAA icons, I made them :-)

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch for iOS caches images so if the name of the image hasn't changed between old and new then you get the old image. Delete Indigo Touch, reinstall and reconnect and you'll get the right ones.

The web images will mostly be up to date unless the browser is doing some odd caching in which case emptying the web cache should clear it up. I'd recommend doing your testing on the web, then once you have them set do the delete/reinstall on the iOS client. We have a todo item for IT for iOS to allow clearing the cache but no ETA at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:45 am
norcoscia offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Someone please help me - I'm loosing my mind

Thanks, Adam, that worked for Domotics Pad - I request you consider flushing the cache on program restart (as a possible future mod) BTW, I tried clearing the android app cache thinking you would use that and not knowing about the cache within your app.- also thanks for such a great app - it helps to have options for the lower cost non-apple devices.

Carl, thanks for the ICONS, they are great, and thanks for the color suggestion.

Jay - I love INDIGO - but really - uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache - I request you consider flushing the cache on program restart (as a possible future mod) or add a mechanism to allow doing a flush w/o deleting the program like Adam has. I see myself making a lot of control pages so uninstalling the reinstalling all apps seems very unappetizing.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

norcoscia wrote:
Jay - I love INDIGO - but really - uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache - I request you consider flushing the cache on program restart (as a possible future mod) or add a mechanism to allow doing a flush w/o deleting the program like Adam has. I see myself making a lot of control pages so uninstalling the reinstalling all apps seems very unappetizing.

We know it's a workaround - but you'd be surprised how infrequently people actually need this (it's really only a pain for people building their own custom graphics and quite honestly that doesn't happen very often), but it is on our list as I mentioned above:

jay (support) wrote:
We have a todo item for IT for iOS to allow clearing the cache but no ETA at the moment.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:04 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Thanks, Adam, that worked for Domotics Pad - I request you consider flushing the cache on program restart (as a possible future mod) BTW, I tried clearing the android app cache thinking you would use that and not knowing about the cache within your app.- also thanks for such a great app - it helps to have options for the lower cost non-apple devices.

That would actually cause more problems for more people -- some people have extremely image-heavy control pages... in the order of 10's of megabytes per page/site design. So requiring them to re-download on each launch would be very wasteful and slow. As it is, you only need to clear the cache upon changes to the image.

I think if you would have cleared the App's data it would have cleared the images. I am not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly the reason I use data storage rather than cache storage is that, at least at one point, it allowed data to be cached on the SD Card for devices with one. Of course, those are a dying breed so could probably use the cache directory now...

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks, Adam, that makes sense, especially when your SW is running on a larger screen (which I was not thinking about) - BTW, do you have a formal (or informal) process for people to ask for additional features (assuming you are considering further updates/features).

Thanks, Jay

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

BTW, do you have a formal (or informal) process for people to ask for additional features (assuming you are considering further updates/features).

Just post a topic over in the Domotics Pad forum.

Page 1 of 1