Indigo 7 and MyQ Update: Garage Door backwards in Homekit

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 am
Ramias offline

Indigo 7 and MyQ Update: Garage Door backwards in Homekit

I've installed the latest MyQ plugin for my Garage Door to support Indigo 7. The MyQ plugin now presents garage doors as locks in Indigo.

with the treatAsGarageDoorIds tag in HomeKit (so HomeKit recognizes these as Garage Doors even though Indigo says they are locks) the status is now reversed. My Garage Door is now Open, Indigo says Unlcoked, and HomeKit says it is Closed. (And vice versa for my other grade door).

Just wanted to throw this out there so the right folks are aware as new tweaks are underway for Indigo 7.

I suppose I could tell HomeKit to now treat the garage doors as locks, but it is nice that they correctly show up as Garage Doors.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:09 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Indigo 7 and MyQ Update: Garage Door backwards in Homeki

Ouch. I was afraid something like that might happen. When I changed the base device type from Relay to Lock, I had to reverse the logic in the MyQ plugin to get the correct status for the new type. Unfortunately, it's the way that Indigo does that mapping from on/off to lock/unlock that's causing it. I don't think there's anything I can do in the MyQ plugin to fix. I think WebDeck will need to do something different in the way he does the mapping when going from Lock to Door, the reverse of Relay to Door.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 pm
Ramias offline

I do like that it is consistent with locks -- locked/unlocked -- closed/open -- secure/unsecure.

Other than MyQ are there any other types of Garage Door openers that work with Indigo that a change to the Indigo HomeKit might impact?

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:29 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I believe that there are both Z-Wave and Insteon garage door controllers out there, but I don't have one and I have no idea if Indigo maps them to a relay or lock device.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:22 pm
dougkillmer offline

I'm also using "treatAsGarageDoorIds" for my MyQ garage doors in Homebridge-Indigo. After upgrading, device status is reversed: locked=open and unlocked=closed.

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:57 pm
dougkillmer offline

dougkillmer wrote:
I'm also using "treatAsGarageDoorIds" for my MyQ garage doors in Homebridge-Indigo. After upgrading, device status is reversed: locked=open and unlocked=closed.

The Indigo Touch app shows the door as Locked and On, which really means closed. Changing the device to Off will open the door.

IMG_0215.PNG
IMG_0215.PNG (68.97 KiB) Viewed 4254 times

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:11 pm
webdeck offline

This appears to be a recurring problem that there is no consistency on how different devices map on/off to open/closed or locked/unlocked.

Currently, homebridge-indigo treats "on" =="open" or "locked" and "off" == "closed" or "unlocked".

I will work on adding a configuration that lets you reverse the meaning of on and off on a per-device basis.

-Mike

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:19 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Now that Indigo has an official "Lock" device, that at least is set. I'm just hoping when they implement an "Open/Close" device that Closed == Locked and Open == Unlocked. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:19 am
webdeck offline

I just uploaded a new version to address this. It supports a new configuration parameter: "invertOnOffIds". The device IDs that you list there will invert the mapping of what on and off mean. So for example, for a lock, on normally maps to locked, but if you invert that device ID, then on will map to unlocked for that device. Let me know if you run into any issues.

To update, follow the instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=16904

-Mike

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:02 am
loafbread offline

This inversion will be very useful.
Thanks

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 am
dougkillmer offline

Thanks Mike! The door status is now displayed correctly in Homebridge.

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm
Ramias offline

Confirming this works great now. Thanks for the assist.

Page 1 of 1