Homebridge and Battery Drain?

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:02 pm
Ramias offline

Homebridge and Battery Drain?

Trying to determine why my iPhone (brand new 7+) and the 6S previously loses its charge in no time flat.

Anybody else with Homebridge noticing significant battery drain?

I've disabled "Home" in iCloud on the phone to see if that makes a difference. Just wanted to check here too.

Thanks

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:01 pm
webdeck offline

Re: Homebridge and Battery Drain?

The easiest way to see what is draining your iPhone's battery is to go to Settings and then select Battery. It will show you the percentage battery drain from each app over the past 24 hours or 7 days. Please report back what you find there.

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:15 am
Ramias offline

Thanks

I am familiar with that but I am pretty sure it is a background process of some sort that doesn't get displayed on that screen.

I have dropped 9% in the last hour (brand new iPhone 7+) with no phone calls.

Biggest user -- the iOS mail app--36 min on screen, 1 min background -- in the last 24 hours...

Good news is I don't think it is HomeKit --i have had Home sync turned off in iCloud since last night and am still seeing battery drain..

Posted on
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I've been reading lately that the iPhone 7 has the worst battery life of nearly any iPhone since the first generation. That may not be your particular issue but apparently it's a problem in general right now. Personally I decided to wait for the 10th anniversary iPhone so I'm only talking from what I've read and not my own personal experiences.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 am
rehafer offline

I had problems with battery life on my 6s after updating to iOS 10. Battery would drain quickly and the phone would get hot. Mail and Safari were listed as biggest users. I finally tried Reset Network Settings (a pain because you loose network passwords, credit card data and such) and that apparently fixed the problem, running cool and longer on a charge ever since (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1