Plug-in No longer triggers recording

Posted on
Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:52 pm
AlaskaDave offline

Plug-in No longer triggers recording

In the process of updating my copy of SecuritySpy from 3.4 to 4xx I seem to have lost the ability to trigger video from motion. I'm using the SecruitySpy plug-in in Indigo so as to detect motion from Insteon motion sensors rather than the camera's sensors or SecuritySpy itself.

Are there folks using the plug-in for this purpose that had issues and care to share on the fix? Wondering if SecuritySpy itself needs some settings that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help someone may lend.

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Re: Plug-in No longer triggers recording

It's still working on my system; I just checked.

Keep in mind that the Trigger Recording action performs in all ways as if SecuritySpy had seen motion on the camera. This will only cause recording if the "Motion Capture" state of the camera is armed. (This was previously called the "active" state.)

One gotcha I've seen on my SecuritySpy 4: if you run out of space on the recording volume, SecuritySpy will beep and turn motion capture off - permanently. You have to manually turn it back on. Of course you're not supposed to run out of space, since SecuritySpy will purge old recordings before you get there; but if you filled the disk, this is going to happen.

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:52 pm
AlaskaDave offline

"One gotcha I've seen on my SecuritySpy 4: if you run out of space on the recording volume, SecuritySpy will beep and turn motion capture off - permanently. You have to manually turn it back on. Of course you're not supposed to run out of space, since SecuritySpy will purge old recordings before you get there; but if you filled the disk, this is going to happen."

I had files going back to 2005, I bet that was it.. hope that was it. Kept the "bear in the yard" videos and our recent break-in and tossed the rest. Will let you know if this was the case.

Posted on
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:17 pm
AlaskaDave offline

I seem to have got things working again. I made so many adjustments I'm not sure what exactly did it. It may have been the SS server address in Indigo that worked in the last version that didn't in this latest version. I changed it to the xxxx.local address and that seemed to get things rolling.

Page 1 of 1