Latest Version 2.0.32 - Better data management options

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:23 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Latest Version 2.0.32 - Better data management options

marketability wrote:
Just one further update/feedback - not sure if its important or not
I'm getting occasional ( 2 -m 3 times per day) log entries as follows...

" NEST Home 2 Error versionCheck: There was an error parsing the server's version file."

Paul

You're right that is an annoying error. It's the result of a special file that keeps a track on the version number and sends an email when the version you're using is older than the current version. However, the indigo code doesn't always get it right and so the error appears. It generally resolves itself once I've completed a formal production release and I update the versioning file but sometimes indigo just mis-reads it. If the error is annoying you can unsubscribe to emails in the plugin Configuration Dialog (Plugins/NEST Home 2/Config...) and it shouldn't check any longer but you won't get emails telling you of any updates to the code either.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:45 am
marketability offline

Thanks - I can live with that :-)

Posted on
Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:48 pm
Parp offline

Hi Mike,

It's been a while!

Seems like the latest update from Nest makes the Nest Home plugin think that the fan_timer_active=true when ever the system is actively heating or cooling. Seems to do it in all heat/cool/auto modes. Also fan_timer_timeout has a weird 1970-01-01 date, don't know if that has something to do with it.

Thanks!
Lynn

Posted on
Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:27 am
Chameleon offline

Parp wrote:
Hi Mike,

It's been a while!

Seems like the latest update from Nest makes the Nest Home plugin think that the fan_timer_active=true when ever the system is actively heating or cooling. Seems to do it in all heat/cool/auto modes. Also fan_timer_timeout has a weird 1970-01-01 date, don't know if that has something to do with it.

Thanks!
Lynn

Looking at this right now Lynn

Mike

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 11:30 pm
dcjackson offline

Hello.

Today I replaced my previous Generation2 Nest thermostat with a Generation3 model, and removed two previous Indigo/Nest plugins, and installed this Plugin, Version 2.0.32

It seems to be working mostly fine, but I have two different errors I see in the logs:
Code: Select all
May 29, 2016, 9:56:18 PM
  NEST Home                       GeoFences cannot be assigned - run iFindStuff and try again
  NEST Home Error                 Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: Expecting an object of type list; got an object of type NoneType instead

Not sure what this ...
Also:

Code: Select all
May 29, 2016, 9:56:37 PM
  Error                           device "FrontHall Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "FrontHall Thermostat" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)
  Error                           device "FrontHall Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)

And I am getting these errors: I saw a previous interaction stating the issue would be fixed by regenerating the PIN/API-Key, which I tried, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Posted on
Mon May 30, 2016 6:42 pm
dcjackson offline

Well, today the problem has disappeared. All seems well. Not sure if it was something I did, or the Thermostat, Nest's Website, and the API needed time to get in sync.

This is really a great plugin, thank you for sharing!

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 am
Chameleon offline

marketability wrote:
Just one further update/feedback - not sure if its important or not
I'm getting occasional ( 2 -m 3 times per day) log entries as follows...

" NEST Home 2 Error versionCheck: There was an error parsing the server's version file."

Your system was right - it doesn't actually affect anything in the programme except for telling you when there's a new version. I've fixed it now

Thanks!

Mike