Found an inexpensive bluetooth speaker light

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 pm
dlleon offline

Found an inexpensive bluetooth speaker light

<http://www.amazon.com/SOONHUA-Bluetooth-Speaker-Dimmable-Multicolored-Changing/dp/B01A5GQ9YO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8>

There are other versions of it. It's a CHSmartbulb. You can find them between 20-30 dollars.

I'm going to use the bluetooth speaker as a remote speaker for Indigo. The speaker part just acted like any other bluetooth speaker.

I'm' wondering if anyone has been able to have indigo control the light itself or the colors over bluetooth. I don't know if you'd need a separate adapter.

(The iPhone software is horrendous)

Any takers?

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Found an inexpensive bluetooth speaker light

Mind if I ask why you would want to go the Bluetooth route, rather than Airplay or Airfoil? There are great scripting hooks into either of the latter.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2016 8:08 am
dlleon offline

I wanted to be able to turn the bulb on and off, and change the colors. Those settings appear to only be available via bluetooth.

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am
Different Computers offline

Ahhhh, the light controls. Yeah, seems like BT control is really cheap for manufacturers to put in. But I'm unaware of any centralized hub/computer sw that controls BT.

I suppose that if the light has some sort of API there might be some hope.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1