Navetas Gas & Electric Meter

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:16 pm
petematheson offline

Navetas Gas & Electric Meter

Hi All,

Has anybody seen this before - looks good for the price! Not sure if Indigo would integrate easily - it's not Z-wave but has it's own gateway.

http://www.vesternet.com/popular-brands ... tor-bundle

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:34 am
autolog offline

Re: Navetas Gas & Electric Meter

I received a marketing email about this from Vesternet yesterday and did a bit more research.

I discovered that if you go directly to the Navetas website, you can get a 45 day trial of the kit to see if it works: see Free Trial
It costs £2.80 (postage) to get the kit and if it doesn't work you can send it back - if you keep it, it costs an additional £70.

So I have taken the plunge and ordered a free trial. :)

I have an old style (rotary dial / cubic feet) gas meter and I am hoping this will work.

Also, it seems that they are aware of a requirement for an API which hopefully they will release at some point.

I am taking a bit of a flyer on this as it won't work on the electricity front for me as I have Solar PV generation and apparently their system can't differentiate between electricity being generated and consumed. They are developing a solar version.

I am getting it mainly for the gas measurement and of course to see if I can work out a way to integrate it into Indigo :D

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum since it's not a Z-Wave device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 am
petematheson offline

Good find - I've ordered a freebie too!

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:59 am
autolog offline

My Trial Kit turned up this morning and I have just now completed the installation.

It will be a day or so before I can verify the Gas reading but it is detecting gas usage which is a good first step.

Electricity monitoring won't be realistic as I have Solar PV.

I will let the system run for a few days and then see if it is possible to "screen scrape" the info from the website for usage in Indigo (pending release of an API). :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:43 am
petematheson offline

Still waiting for delivery of mine! It's been over a week ...

Page 1 of 1