SQLLogger Unable to Configure and not Updating

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am
bkmar1192 offline

SQLLogger Unable to Configure and not Updating

I've been having issues with SQLLogger (version 2.05).

I have a variable the gets updated on particular events. I then query the SQL database on that variable id. When the query runs it is not showing any of the changes (has worked in the past). Not sure if something similar is happening to other variables and/or devices. I think it might be an issue on another variable that I use with IndigoPlotD.

I am also not able to access the configuration screen (times out every time). It also times out when trying to shut down.

I have tried using the fix SQL action in the Utilities plugin and completely replacing the database with a new version - neither seemed to help.

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SQLLogger Unable to Configure and not Updating

bkmar1192 wrote:
I am also not able to access the configuration screen (times out every time). It also times out when trying to shut down.

Can you clarify what that means? What errors are you seeing in the Event Log (copy/paste them)?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am
kw123 offline

I guess you are using utilities to query the dB
Do you get any results when you query other variables or devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:09 am
bkmar1192 offline

These are the errors when I try to config SQLLogger:

Code: Select all
 Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.sql-logger for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.sql-logger for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

The sql is in one of my Python scripts:

Code: Select all
cursor.execute("select distinct value from variable_history_280240764 where value != '' order by ts desc limit 25; ")
all_rows = cursor.fetchall()
for row in all_rows:
   logstring = logstring + "; " + str(row[0])

I have not had a chance to test other tables. I will try that tomorrow.

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That error indicates that something is causing communication between the plugin and the server to fail. This can sometimes be a misbehaving plugin. Disable all 3rd party plugins and see if that error goes away. If so, then reenable them one at a time until you start seeing the issue again.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:53 am
bkmar1192 offline

Turned off the first one (Airfoil Pro) and it worked. Turned it back on and seems to be working fine. I neglected to try open SQLLogger config prior to turning off AirFoil Pro so not sure if it is the AirFoil plugin or if it some how repaired itself. I am thinking the latter.

Thank you for your help.

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm
Monstergerm offline

I had the same problem. Activity Monitor showed the SQL plugin not responding. I think it happens whenever I restart the computer. I did some maintenance today with the Sierra Cache Cleaner utility, ran Disk Utility and now it seems to be fixed. Not sure why it got fixed but I never had those errors with Indigo 6 (using the same custom plugins).

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:02 pm
kw123 offline

how big is your DB?

If your DB is large >GB and if you have ie type changes in columns that holds the database (ie string to real or integer to real).
Once the database is hold anythings go wrong with sqllogger.
may be not your case, but just for the record

Karl

Page 1 of 1