[ANSWERED]Not working...or just me?

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:55 am
MarcoGT offline

[ANSWERED]Not working...or just me?

Hi all,

I wanted yesterday to play a little bit with iTunes Plugin but I faced some problems.
When I create a new device, then in iTunes (running on the MacMini together with Indigo) pops up the request for the "code" (4 digits).
I enter the 4 digits but, the "remote icon" appears for a couple of second in the upper left corner but then immediately disappears.

Other doubt I have is: can I "choose" with song/sound play for every device that I create?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Not working...or just me?

Did you switch back to Indigo after entering the 4 digits and save the config dialog?

I don't understand your other question but I suspect the docs cover it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 am
MarcoGT offline

This is what I do:

- create a new iTunes Device (with Indigo Client on a MBP)
- go to MacMini and in iTunes I see the icon for the "Remote" but as soon as I move the mouse to click the icon, the "remote" icon disappears

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:20 am
pgershon offline

Are you using 10.10.3 (beta) or 10.10.2 / earlier system software. I have same issue on my 10.10.3 machine only. If i create device on a 10.10.2 or earlier machine, the remote icon in iTunes comes up and is clickable. But if I create device on 10.10.3 machine, the icon cannot be clicked. It does not seem to matter what software version the iTunes machine is running

Posted on
Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:49 pm
MarcoGT offline

Yes...Indigo Client is running on 10.10.3, server on the latest official. I will try creating directly on the server.

Thanks for the hint

Posted on
Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:18 am
MarcoGT offline

Using the Indigo Server App it worked perfectly, thanks for the hint :)

Posted on
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Not sure I'm following exactly what was failing, but I just updated to 10.10.3 and tried the pairing process and it worked, though I did notice a bug in iTunes: after I entered the passcode, the success window came up for a second but then it switched back to the passcode prompt. Entered it again and it worked the second time (though rather than the success window it just went back to the normal iTunes view).

I tried it a second time, and the same thing happened, except before I could enter the passcode again, that dialog went away. I switched back to Indigo and the device config window and saved and the iTunes device worked. So, there still appears to be a bug in iTunes (which we can't do anything about since that part of the process is entirely in iTunes) but as long as the passcode window goes away after entering something at least one time then saving the dialog in Indigo appears to work.

Thanks, Apple, for even more bugs. This is becoming pretty pathetic...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:04 am
pgershon offline

There was a bug in the beta 10.10.3 that was correct in the final release version. I could not set up new iTunes devices with the beta 1010.3 but the version released yesterday corrected. For me at least. I paired 3 iTunes devices successfully on 3 different macs on network

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:27 am
MarcoGT offline

I do not have clear "what" I can pair.
I would like for example that iTunes plays a sound withing a trigger and also that it plays a "scheduled" sound at a certain time.
Shall I create two devices?
How does iTunes know which sound it shall play?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

MarcoGT wrote:
I do not have clear "what" I can pair.
I would like for example that iTunes plays a sound withing a trigger and also that it plays a "scheduled" sound at a certain time.
Shall I create two devices?
How does iTunes know which sound it shall play?

An iTunes Server device represents an instance of iTunes running on a specific Mac. So you can see the status of that iTunes instance, including what's playing. You can tell iTunes to start/pause/stop and go to next/previous track. You can't, however, specify what to play - it only plays what is currently selected in the iTunes UI.

This plugin is not meant to be a general purpose sound playing mechanism. Perhaps if you more clearly/explicitly explained what you want to do we could suggest/recommend a solution.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:54 am
MarcoGT offline

So, what I would like to have is a way to choose which song to play.
For example, a certain trigger shall play song_1, a certain schedule shall play song_2 and so on.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You can use an AppleScript to tell it what explicit track to play - iTunes has an extensive AppleScript dictionary (documented elsewhere).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:00 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Not working...or just me?

Thanks for the hint, I did not think about AS, I will give it a try :)

Page 1 of 1