[ANSWERED]ICal not doing its part to get iCal Alarm

Posted on
Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 am
haavarda offline

I have just recently tried to get this plugin to work in my setup.

The strange thing is that I fail to send emails from ical. When the event occurs in ical I can even see the mail is in the sent folder in the mail application. But I don't receive any emails.
I have tried with two different mail addresses but with no luck. But if I right click the message in the sent folder, and click send again, and send it manually it works.
I am aware that this is a OSX issue but maybe someone know something?

As far as I could see, this is the most up to date method to handle ical alarms in Indigo?

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ICal not doing its part to get iCal Alarm Processor to w

Are you running Yosemite beta by any chance? That might be the problem.

I'm using this method on my Indigo Server, but it's running Snow Leopard (the last really rock solid OS release IMO).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:25 pm
haavarda offline

I am using the latest release of OSX mavericks. I have not used this feature in the os before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 am
haavarda offline

Re: [ANSWERED]ICal not doing its part to get iCal Alarm

I have experimented a bit back and forth, and I have found out that if i try this on another mac with an older version of os X it works.
I dont know if it is my setup, or something with mavericks that cause this error. But I think it is very strange that the message is put in the sent folder, but not delivered to the recipient. I have tried to send it to my gmail and icloud mail.

Is there any walk around on this? I have tried to set up a rule that re sends messages with alert in the subject, but it seams that it is not possible to apply rules on messages in the sent folder.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you tried the Apple support forums? Maybe someone over there has seen this before.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:21 am
haavarda offline

It seams as other users are experiencing the same thing. The recent update did not fix it for me however. Could someone that is using osx Mavericks test this? I have tested it on a mac that runs an older version of OSX, and it works there.

For those who are interested I am following this forum thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/54 ... 20calendar

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:28 am
haavarda offline

Trying to think out of the box here. Is it possible to write an apple script that resend the last mail in the sent folder that has a subject that contains Alert?

I could trigger this script from the Calendar event.

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:23 am
haavarda offline

So magically the emil alerts has started to work again. I have no idea what did it, but it is working now.
I get the following error when I receive an alert in indigo

Code: Select all
10 Sep 2014 13:16:03
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug      Checking for alerts
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug          Logging in
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug          message ids: 577
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug          Message parts: ['10 Sep 2014 13:15 : Ny epost varsel<br><br>bla bla bla', '']
  iCal Alarm Processor Error      Email date format error for event Ny epost varsel<br><br>bla bla bla: 10 Sep 2014 13:15
  iCal Alarm Processor            Alarm: iCal alarm: Ny epost varsel<br><br>bla bla bla is coming up
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug          Flags after processing: ['577 (FLAGS ($IndigoProcessed \\Seen))']
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug          Logged out
  iCal Alarm Processor Debug      Next poll in 5 minutes

Anyone know what this means? Can it have something to do with the standard date format we use in Europe?
I am using the Sonos plugin. Is it possible to export the text in the alert to a variable, so I can speak it through the sonos plugin?

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

haavarda wrote:
Can it have something to do with the standard date format we use in Europe?

Yes, that's exactly the problem. The plugin is expecting the date in this format: "September 09, 2014 08:45 PM" or without the time ("September 09, 2014") in the case of an all-day event. This is the standard format for North American Mac OS systems. You can set date/time formats for any system in the Language & Region settings. I believe iCal uses the "Long" format for the date and "Short" for the time though I'm not positive.

Because we don't (can't probably) get locale settings in Python it would be difficult to take into account all possible date/time formats unfortunately. I will add to the request list the ability to specify date/time formats (since I think that's the only way to really solve the issue) but no ETA on when we might get around to that.

haavarda wrote:
I am using the Sonos plugin. Is it possible to export the text in the alert to a variable, so I can speak it through the sonos plugin?

If you're using the SQL Logger then the errors are going into the SQL database and you should be able to get them out of there.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am
haavarda offline

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe add support for the European date format? This is almost the same, you just got mixed up month and day :). I have no idea how much work this is, so no stress. The alert text I am writhing about is the spoken alerts. Since I don't use the built in speak function I don't see how I can fetch the data collected. I was hoping I could trigger on a variable change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:19 pm
DrLove offline

Still no solution to iCal not sending mail?

//L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I've only heard this one complaint about iCal not sending emails (I guess you're the second). I recommending posting on Apple's support forums to see if anyone else had the problem and found a solution.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 am
haavarda offline

When I updated my system to OS X Yosemite it started to work again for me. But the date format makes it not very usable for me...

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 am
DrLove offline

Would be the same for me to them I guess (Sweden) :(

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Page 1 of 1