Loss of communication when EasyDAQ plug-in reloads

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:04 pm
pacman offline

Loss of communication when EasyDAQ plug-in reloads

M y EasyDAQ NET 24 Channel Boards (x2) losses communication when plug-in is reloaded manually or at host computer re-boot. I first noticed this after upgrading my Insteon Modem (PLM) with subsequent restart of Indigo. Re-boot happens when installing system software (Mac OS X 10.10.5) upgrades. I have to disconnect power from each board and reapply to re-establish communication. I added some inputs today and reloaded the plug-in and lost com again. About card reveals version 1.1.7

Any ideas how to make this go away?

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Loss of communication when EasyDAQ plug-in reloads

I believe that card has an embedded Web server you can access (via browser) for configuration, correct? When the problem occurs are you able to access that page? If so, does it have any type of option to restart/reboot the card through that Web UI?

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 am
pacman offline

Re: Loss of communication when EasyDAQ plug-in reloads

Seems my problem started with an upgrade of my Insteon PLM but then I did a requested software update to my gen4 AppleTV and the easyDAQ relays went weird. I entered the easyDAQ web interface and changed my port assignment and did a board reboot. I then recongigured my easyDAQ plugin to match the new ports, reloaded the plugin and eveything came back online.

Although I couldn't see any active AppleTV port matching my easyDAQ port assignment, it seemed the most likely culprit. I went from a 10000 port range to a 50000 range to match my stable web cams. Always an element of trail and error!

Page 1 of 1