Hover Overs?

Posted on
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 pm
bschollnick2 offline

Hover Overs?

Matt, & everyone,

Is there anyway that we can setup Indigo Web server / Control Pages to display Variable information in a HOVER over / pop up, when the cursor is over an indigo controlled item?

For example, I would like the last updated / last opened variables to be displayed when I hover over the icon of a door sensor...

But I would rather that that information not be seen unless we are hovering over the icon...

- Benjamin

Posted on
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hover Overs?

Indigo doesn't currently internally track the modification dates of the variables (with the exception of the PostgreSQL logging option), so this isn't possible. If that information was tracked, then it would probably be possible to modify the Indigo Web Server templates to include that information.

Posted on
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 pm
bschollnick2 offline

support wrote:
Indigo doesn't currently internally track the modification dates of the variables (with the exception of the PostgreSQL logging option), so this isn't possible. If that information was tracked, then it would probably be possible to modify the Indigo Web Server templates to include that information.

Sorry Matt... I wasn't completely clear.

The variables that I am wanting to be in a hover over are already added to the Variable list in Indigo. It's from the Security script...

I just don't see anyway (without seriously modifying the web server component) to add any sort of hover over...

Posted on
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

bschollnick2 wrote:
I just don't see anyway (without seriously modifying the web server component) to add any sort of hover over...

You are correct. It would require moderate modification to the HTML templates and possibly the Python source code. One tricky part would be trying to come up with a technique to generalize it such that you can specify which variable values are shown on hover of which objects without having to modify the templates.

Page 1 of 1