Control page for Venstar 1 day programmable thermostat

Posted on
Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:23 pm
jholcomb offline

Control page for Venstar 1 day programmable thermostat

Anyone built a control page for this, preferably for the iPhone/Touch?

Posted on
Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control page for Venstar 1 day programmable thermostat

I'll share mine. It is very simple, but probably a good place to start:

To install it, download this DMG and follow the instructions included in the ReadMe.txt file.

Note the screen capture above includes 2 ceiling can light device controls that I use to turn on/off the light in the hallway where the thermostat is. The actual Control Page in the DMG does not include those device controls since they are specific to my setup. But obviously you can add whatever device controls (or variable controls) you want to the page after you get it imported.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:06 pm
thepainter offline

(No subject)

Matt - I tried it on my itouch and I'm missing the setpoints (Temps) the UP/DOWN Arrows,Humidity Temp, the Indigo Logo and your two Hi-Hats. Not sure what I did wrong. Similar with the Browser Preview.

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Open up the Control Page editor and click-drag a marquee to try to select those items. Are they there but just invisible, or do they not select at all? If they select but aren't visible, then it sounds like the PNG images didn't get copied over into your IndigoWebServer folders correctly. Let me know, and I can try to reproduce the problem here as well.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 pm
thepainter offline

(No subject)

They are there and they are visible. I edited the temp. and changed the "_your_thermo_name_" to A/C (my Insteon device name) and that worked. for the temp/Humidity but not for the Up/Down Arrows. Not sure what happened to the Indigo Logo. Just checked again and the Up/Down Arrow Images and the Indigo small Logo are located in the Images/controls/static folder.

Thanks,
paul

Posted on
Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Paul,

I just walked through the ReadMe instructions in the download on a fresh sample database and it appeared to work correctly. All of the control images showed and the UP and DOWN buttons worked correctly. You might want to retry it again. It sounds like you missed replacing a _your_thermo_name_ somewhere in the control page text.

One slight error I did see was the folder names for the control images aren't 100% correct. The folders titled:
Code: Select all
put inside images/devices
put inside images/static

should have had these folder paths (I forgot the controls sub-folder):
put inside images/controls/devices
put inside images/controls/static

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 pm
thepainter offline

(No subject)

Matt - Re did it as per instructions. I can see the UP/DOWN Buttons and the Indigo Logo from the Edit thermostat in the control pages plus all the other ones, but when I access it from the browser I cannot see them I get a boxed ?. I tried replacing all the.png files with a new set and get the same. I'm stumped.

Paul

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11781506@N ... 588299269/

Posted on
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Did you try stopping the Indigo Server and restarting it? Also try clearing your browser cache.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 am
thepainter offline

(No subject)

Yes, Yes :cry: No Luck

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:07 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Select the red UP setpoint button inside the Control Page editor. What menu item is selected in the Display popup control, and in the Image popup control?

What Web browser are you using to view the page? Try using Safari, and then control+click on the the red UP button and select the Open Image in New Window menu item.

Does the red UP PNG image show correctly?

Lastly, what URL is shown in Safari? On mine I get:
http://127.0.0.1:8176/images/controls/static/iPhone_button_hotter.png

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:14 pm
thepainter offline

(No subject)

Matt - Thanks for your patience. Stupid me, The Display Popup was set to 100 and not to static Image/caption. Took care of it and "Bob's your Uncle". Thanks very much for your patience and your wonderful control page.

Paul

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Great -- glad you got it working!

Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 pm
jholcomb offline

(No subject)

Matt, I had the same problem as user "thepainter" after install. When you go to edit the control page, the hotter and cooler button types are unspecified (as is the home icon). Setting Display to Static Image/Capture fixes the icon...But, did you specify a rule so that a single button can control both the heat and cool setpoints depending on the mode? I see how you could do one or the other with simple click action (e.g. Control Thermostat, Increase Cool Setpoint).

Also, not sure if this matters, but my device name was "Thermostat 1" (I have a downstairs and upstairs).

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

jholcomb wrote:
Matt, I had the same problem as user "thepainter" after install. When you go to edit the control page, the hotter and cooler button types are unspecified (as is the home icon). Setting Display to Static Image/Capture fixes the icon...

Ooops... I think I know what happened. :-) My internal beta copy of Indigo has different internal values for those control types. Selecting Static Image / Caption from the Display menu item for those controls should fix them.
jholcomb wrote:
But, did you specify a rule so that a single button can control both the heat and cool setpoints depending on the mode?

The click action for those buttons should each have 2 actions in them. One changing the cool setpoint and the other changing the heat setpoint. So they both always change with a single click. Did the actions on those buttons drop off as well?

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm
jholcomb offline

(No subject)

support wrote:
jholcomb wrote:
Matt, I had the same problem as user "thepainter" after install. When you go to edit the control page, the hotter and cooler button types are unspecified (as is the home icon). Setting Display to Static Image/Capture fixes the icon...

Ooops... I think I know what happened. :-) My internal beta copy of Indigo has different internal values for those control types. Selecting Static Image / Caption from the Display menu item for those controls should fix them.
jholcomb wrote:
But, did you specify a rule so that a single button can control both the heat and cool setpoints depending on the mode?

The click action for those buttons should each have 2 actions in them. One changing the cool setpoint and the other changing the heat setpoint. So they both always change with a single click. Did the actions on those buttons drop off as well?

Regards,
Matt

Yes.

Additionally, I cannot get the Heat Setpoint to report its status (always shows 0, even when in Heat mode). The control looks the same as the Cool Setpoint device state that works fine (except it is linked to Heat Setpoint). The actual thermostat display shows both setpoints correctly.

Should both the set points be changed simultaneously? Seems like you would only want to change the cool setpoint when cooling (and heat setpoint when heating), hence a rule to that effect, but that's where my Indigo knowledge ends :-(