Homebridge for HomeKit hack

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:37 pm
Londonmark offline

Re: Homebridge for HomeKit hack

Strange. I did that too. I get a message from Siri saying it is unable to control devices at this time.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:02 pm
petematheson offline

Hi All,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread however I'm now around 8 pages out of date.

I had Homebridge installed already, so I've run npm update to get the latest version. I've also downloaded the legacy plugins.
Edited my config.json to just have the Indigo platform, however it tells me it can't find Indigo.js.
There's one in the Legacy Plugins folder, under a folder called IndigoJS but I don't think this is the same Indigo.js that Webdeck has created?

Where do I get this from and how do I point it to use it? (Or do I copy the files out of the IndigoJS folder into the root of the platform folder?)

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:28 pm
webdeck offline

Homebridge 2.0 has been released which changes how it works. I will create a new thread with updated instructions.

-Mike

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:53 pm
BassMint offline

petematheson wrote:
Hi All,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread however I'm now around 8 pages out of date.

I had Homebridge installed already, so I've run npm update to get the latest version. I've also downloaded the legacy plugins.
Edited my config.json to just have the Indigo platform, however it tells me it can't find Indigo.js.
There's one in the Legacy Plugins folder, under a folder called IndigoJS but I don't think this is the same Indigo.js that Webdeck has created?

Where do I get this from and how do I point it to use it? (Or do I copy the files out of the IndigoJS folder into the root of the platform folder?)

to install the indigo plug in:
npm install -g homebridge-indigo

https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-indigo

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:23 am
DVDDave offline

smurfless1 wrote:
Running automatically at user login:
1. save this to ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.github.nfarina.homebridge.plist - remembering of course to change to your username and paths
2. run in Terminal 'launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.github.nfarina.homebridge.plist'
3. to run now, run in Terminal 'launchctl start com.github.nfarina.homebridge'. Use 'stop' to make it stop later if you want.
Next time you log in your user, it will automatically launch this (once). Once you're comfortable with it working properly, then you can delete the lines about stdout and stderr.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EnvironmentVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>PATH</key>
<string>/usr/local/bin:$PATH</string>
<key>NODE_PATH</key>
<string>/Users/dbrown/homebridge/node_modules</string>
</dict>
<key>Label</key>
<string>com.github.nfarina.homebridge</string>
<key>ProgramArguments</key>
<array>
<string>/usr/local/bin/node</string>
<string>app.js</string>
</array>
<key>RunAtLoad</key>
<true/>
<key>WorkingDirectory</key>
<string>/Users/dbrown/homebridge</string>
<key>StandardErrorPath</key>
<string>/Users/dbrown/homebridge/stderr.txt</string>
<key>StandardOutPath</key>
<string>/Users/dbrown/homebridge/stdout.txt</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Also note that I compiled mine with NPM_CONFIG_PREFIX set so that maybe the whole thing might be in the same directory (I'm new at the node.js thing), so I included this in my EnvironmentVariables as well:

<key>NPM_CONFIG_PREFIX</key>
<string>/Users/dbrown/homebridge</string>

Have you been able to adjust this plist for the new version/file locations. I'm having trouble starting Homebridge with launchctl. Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:31 am
webdeck offline

DVDDave wrote:
Have you been able to adjust this plist for the new version/file locations. I'm having trouble starting Homebridge with launchctl. Thanks.

--Dave

See the Homebridge 2.0 thread for the answer. I'm trying to keep all the 2.0 related discussion in that thread.

-Mike

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 pm
noel1983 offline

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just told Siri to turn the lights off for the first time and she worked!!!......After five times of it not working but that's irrelevant,

My other half is so not impressed! :roll:

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:48 pm
noel1983 offline

rehafer wrote:
I must confess to a "derp" moment; in hopes of saving others. I sat down to begin removing random devices, and while scrolling through an X10 address caught my eye. I still have some 10 year old modules still in the system. Removing them solved my pairing problem.
Be forewarned by my tale of derp.

What's wrong with their being X10 devices their? I'd assumed/hoped that home bridge would handle any devices in Indigo not just more modern ones, sorry if i've missed it but is there any reason why X10 modules don't show up? It's an appliance module i've got that's not showing.

Me thinks a vesternent shopping trip is coming up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 am
Mactonex offline

Hi,
yes, I would be interested in that, thanks.

Tony