IWS Icon subfolders?

Posted on
Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:52 am
jalves offline

IWS Icon subfolders?

I've been playing with IWS a bit and in the process have downloaded a number of static images for my control pages that many of you have shared. This results in a very long popup menu when I go to select a static image for a control.

Is it possible to create subfolders within the folder that static images are kept so that I could narrow things down a bit? Folders like "Lamps" "Controls", etc? And if I did that, would it break IWS or the control page editor?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: IWS Icon subfolders?

Unfortunately that won't work for images used on Control Pages. I agree the currently tree structure being flat becomes quite unwieldy though, so this is something I hope we can improve in a future version.

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:55 am
jalves offline

That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick response.

Once I finish playing with my control page design, I'll probably move some of the ones I didn't find useful to my home. Of course, that assumes that I ever finish playing with the design. :roll:

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:59 am
durosity offline

matt (support) wrote:
Unfortunately that won't work for images used on Control Pages. I agree the currently tree structure being flat becomes quite unwieldy though, so this is something I hope we can improve in a future version.

Out of interest is there any technical reasons as to why the images are divided out between Devices, Variables and Static? I find it a little awkward as it means i have to have 3 copies of some images. Ideally i'd prefer it if we just had a a single images folder, and if we chose to we could have sub folders as jalves was suggesting... i think that'd make working with things a wee bit more efficient :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Mainly it was to reduce the number of images that would show in the popup that don't apply to a particular category. For example, there are static images that don't make sense to use for device states. The line between variable value and device state images is more blurring though.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 am
durosity offline

Yeah, it makes sense.. it just so happens in my setup I have plenty of images that are used as static, variable and device images so i end up with 3 copies of just about everything and a massive list anyway! ;)

Oh, one minor request.. when installing updates for indigo it always re-adds the stock images to the IWS images folders, would it be possible to add them to the list of customisation options on the installer so i can get it not to put them in?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

That is a good idea. We probably won't get around to it now, but I'll make a note to look into it when we get around to working on the image structure improvements.

Page 1 of 1