[SOLVED]easiest remote entry method to get to control pages?

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:26 am
pgershon offline

[SOLVED]easiest remote entry method to get to control pages?

I have a set of control pages to control my house music system (one for each room, linked together). What is the best way to give my wife access from her iPhone? Is it through Safari? There is no way to get her a custom app that just goes straight to the control page (so she has no knowledge of Indigo even being used) is there? She is about as un tech savvy as they come and just getting her to use an iPhone is an accomplishment.
Last edited by pgershon on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:37 am
jalves offline

Re: easiest remote entry method to get to control pages?

A simple web page layout accessed through Indigo Touch works well for me.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:59 am
pgershon offline

Only problem with that is that my wife can end up off the control page and on devices or actions and be lost. Hoping to find a way to give only access to the specific control pages for her use (the music controllers)

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:34 pm
jalves offline

pgershon wrote:
Only problem with that is that my wife can end up off the control page and on devices or actions and be lost. Hoping to find a way to give only access to the specific control pages for her use (the music controllers)

Ahh. How about setting up a control page that she looks at in Safari and then making a tile on the iPhone that takes here there? You would do that by starting Safari on the iPhone and navigating to the control page. Once there, tap on the box at the bottom of the page that has the arrow pointing out of it. From there you can select "Add to Home Screen". Once that is done, all she needs to do is tap on that icon whenever she picks up the iPhone and it will bring her to that page.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:43 pm
pgershon offline

Re: easiest remote entry method to get to control pages? [so

thanks. That works perfectly.

Page 1 of 1