[ANSWERED] Transmit RF X10 Command on CM15

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 am
AMD offline

[ANSWERED] Transmit RF X10 Command on CM15

Are there any plans to provide a method to transmit RF X10 commands using the CM15 interface? If there are when is this likely to be available?

Thanks

Alan

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Transmit RF X10 Command on CM15

We've only had a few requests for it, and it's on the list, but to be perfectly honest it's a very low priority. Unless we get much more demand it's not likely to make it into any release. One reason is that the use-cases for transmitting X10 commands are unclear. May I ask what you'd use this feature for?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:07 pm
AMD offline

Although the power in my house is all single phase (UK), there are two power distribution panels in the house (house used to be two separate dwellings - the panels are connected to the same supply point) with RCD devices in both panels, which attenuate the X10 signals quite successfully between the two rings!

I have the CM15 and my Mac on one ring main and need to send X10 signals to the other ring main, but cannot get signals through the RCD's. ( I temporarily took the RCDs out and replaced them with older fuse wire carriers to prove it was these that were the issue)

I bought an RF Base Transceiver (PLC-T4022UK) and this now successfuly controls the lights and appliances on the unreachable ring main when I use RF controllers.

I am trialling both Indigo and XTension. I can control the X10 units on the other ring main with XTension from my Mac as I can transmit the RF code though the CM15 to the transceiver, but not on Indigo. I much prefer the whole experiance on Indigo, and want to find a way of staying with your product!.

By the way - thanks for the incredibly quick response!

Alan

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I see. I wonder if there's some type of bridging device(s) that would allow X10 signals to be bridged to two different systems? I've never heard of such a thing but it seems like there should be one.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 pm
madivad offline

Just throwing my hand up for requesting CM15 support.

Posted on
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm
dgahagan offline

Here's another vote for CM15 X10 RF transmission.

As far as getting the signal across phases, X10 networks can use a phase coupler. Like this: http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByManuf ... tem/CR234/

I've had several over the years. Trouble seems to be that anytime lightning strikes within ear shot, the stupid thing shorts out. Nothing else in my house has ever gotten knocked out by lightning, but the phase coupler goes every time.

This is my main reason for moving to Insteon. I'm hoping to eliminate the need for such a device with the PLM and another dual-band device talking via RF.

Posted on
Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:51 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

dgahagan, if you don't mind, why would you want CM15 RF transmission if you're switching to INSTEON since the CM15 doesn't do INSTEON?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 pm
dgahagan offline

Same reason. I still have some legacy X10 devices that I need. The phase couplers keep getting blown out, so using an RF bridge would solve those problems. Basically having the CM15A transmit lets me put an X10 RF receivers on each phase, and get around the need for the phase coupler.

Posted on
Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 am
nmath offline

Really need the RF x10 for my CM15, renting in a place with dodgy wiring and RF is the only reliable way for me to control any my my devices.

Posted on
Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm
StefanCreutz offline

I'd also love to see support for sending RF X10 signals.
I live in an apartment that has been merged from two previous apartments. The electricity of the second apartment is completely separated from the main apartment with separate fuse boxes and mains. There is no possible way for me to use a phase coupler to transmit the signal across my entire apartment. The only option I have is either completely rewiring the second apartment or install a separate X10 Indigo server in the second apartment and link them together over network using AppleScript. Having support for X10 RF transmit from Indigo would solve my problem in a heartbeat. Please consider adding support for this!

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:03 pm
Brandt offline

check out the XTB-IIR coupler/repeater...you can wire it with any plug, and is available in a 240V 50Hz version...

http://jvde.us/xtb/XTB-IIR_description.htm

Indigo 7 w/ Dual-Band 2413U PLM
macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
2011 iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm
AMD offline

Evening

I did get one of these booster units (not cheap by any standard!), it does blast the signal around the house and together with judicous use of filters I did solve the problem. However, it was a bit flaky, and I had to have the original unit repaired and as a result I am now in the process of moving over to Z-Wave, altogether more reliable.

Alan

Page 1 of 1