[ANSWERED] PowerLink 1132CU

Posted on
Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:59 am
RudyP offline

1132CU has died?

I have an 1132CU a few months old. it has worked flawlessly for several months now, including working with multiple Christmas light configurations, the tree etc over the holidays.

now, afew a few weeks back to just a half dozen house lights to control, it has totally stopped responding. Indigo links to it, no error message. Indigo claims to be sending the signals. the 1132CU has a green light. but no singnals are responding.

i unplugged the unit as the USB. i rebooted. i pressed the reset button. nothing.

anyone have any ideas? do these things go bad??

thanks for any help.

Posted on
Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:33 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 1132CU has died?

Hello Rudy,

I'd try a couple things before you request a replacement unit:

- Plug a LampLinc/ApplianceLinc directly into the 1132CU and see if you can control it. This will rule out a X10 signal problem.

- You said you reset it. Did you follow these steps: unplug from wall and computer, press and hold reset button for 5 seconds, keep holding button and plug back into wall, release button after another couple of seconds

- Try a different USB port on your computer. I generally recommend that users use the ports on the computer, but if those don't work you should also try ports you have in external hubs.

Lastly, when you choose go online with it (Interface->Connect menu item) do you see any error messages in the Event Log window? What what about if you try to upload logic to to the 1132CU?

If all the above checks out normal but you still cannot even control a module plugged directly into the 1132CU, then I'd ask Smarthome for a replacement.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 pm
brent offline

Norm can't help me

I am usling a I MAc with system 10.3.9. Th esystem profiler see's the powerlinc unit when I check. However when I try to connect, I get a message saying "Failed to connect. Make sure the correct interface settings are choosen in Pref dialog. I than click OK and it appears again. Where do I go from here.

Posted on
Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Norm can't help me

Hi Brent,

Are you running Indigo version 1.6? If so, have you run the driver installer included on the download (and on the CD-ROM)? Indigo 1.6 (and all future versions) require that you install a driver for the PowerLinc (and CM15).

From within the preferences dialog you should have "PowerLinc 1132U/CU (USB)" selected at the Interface type. This is the default, so you shouldn't have to change it unless you have already changed the setting. Next make sure the "Enable X10 interface' option is selected. The "Interface communication online" checkbox just reflects the online/offline state, and can be changed by selecting the "Interface->Online" menu item.

If it still fails to connect to the PowerLinc, then try plugging it into different USB ports. Start by trying all the internal USB ports on your Mac first.

Lastly, the USB cable could be faulty. Try disconnecting and reconnecting it. If you have a spare cable or another cable you can swap out, then try give it a try.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:23 pm
brent offline

Response to email /Norm

Norm,

I did load the drivers from the cd. I am going to try 10.4 tonight and start over. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

Brent

Hi Brent,

Are you running Indigo version 1.6? If so, have you run the driver installer included on the download (and on the CD-ROM)? Indigo 1.6 (and all future versions) require that you install a driver for the PowerLinc (and CM15).

From within the preferences dialog you should have "PowerLinc 1132U/CU (USB)" selected at the Interface type. This is the default, so you shouldn't have to change it unless you have already changed the setting. Next make sure the "Enable X10 interface' option is selected. The "Interface communication online" checkbox just reflects the online/offline state, and can be changed by selecting the "Interface->Online" menu item.

If it still fails to connect to the PowerLinc, then try plugging it into different USB ports. Start by trying all the internal USB ports on your Mac first.

Lastly, the USB cable could be faulty. Try disconnecting and reconnecting it. If you have a spare cable or another cable you can swap out, then try give it a try.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Matt[/quote]