[ANSWERED] X10 Chime just stopped responding

Posted on
Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:58 am
BruceP offline

[ANSWERED] X10 Chime just stopped responding

I have had for years an X-10 chime that would sound when motion was detected in my garage. Now it does not fire when Indigos log shows the command to trip chime. I have moved it to many outlets and changed its address. I am at a loss as to what to do to get this back. Will there ever be an Insteon audible alert device?

Posted on
Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am
norm offline

Re: X10 Chime just stopped responding

How about this solution?

INSTEON Remote Chime Alert Kit

— Norm
Indigo Store
10 Years Serving the Indigo Community

Posted on
Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm
BruceP offline

Re: [ANSWERED] X10 Chime just stopped responding

I may have to. Just upset that this chime just stopped working. I have adjusted the actions to send me a text, so I know the motion and Indigo are working. Still scratching my head.

Posted on
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:00 pm
BruceP offline

Actually it has not been answered. A system that did work and one day stopped is still an issue. Recommending an item as a replacement is/was requested, but not a solution to the problem at hand with the materials in hand

Posted on
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

BruceP wrote:
Actually it has not been answered. A system that did work and one day stopped is still an issue. Recommending an item as a replacement is/was requested, but not a solution to the problem at hand with the materials in hand

[ANSWERED] isn't the same as [SOLVED], and above it sounded like Norm answered your question ("Will there ever be an Insteon audible alert device?") which is why we flagged the thread as such.

Either the X10 chime has broken, or your Mac X10 interface is no longer transmitting X10 commands, or if you have a power line noise issue. To see which is the case you'll need to plug the X10 chime and another X10 module (lamp, appliance) into the same outlet/power strip as the X10 interface. If Indigo cannot control either module than it is either severe power line noise or the X10 interface (PowerLinc?) is no longer transmitting X10 signals. We've seen cases of both. If the X10 lamp/appliance module works but not the chime, then the chime has malfunctioned.

Posted on
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:44 pm
BruceP offline

Thank you for the advise, and also the definition of answered and solved.

Will give you advise a try, if I can find an old X-10 unit

If I offended I apologize.

Posted on
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No offense taken -- please let us know what you find out with the troubleshooting.

Page 1 of 1