Who triggered that Action Group?

Posted on
Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:03 am
macpro offline

Who triggered that Action Group?

I'm looking at the VSS (Virtual Security System) plugin and would like to make an Action Group that handles security events.
So when a trigger detects that a door or window sensor changes state, it calls this one Action Group (which will of course contain Python code).

What I would like to know in that Action Group is that all important question: whodunnit?
What trigger and/or what device was responsible for executing?
My Action Group could then lookup the state and name of the device and send a message or report it in the log or ...

I can (and probably will for now) do this with variables, but when multiple devices change state this will fail.

Posted on
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:30 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Who triggered that Action Group?

It's on the list already, but would require significant work in the server to pass that information around. It's not currently a high-enough priority to tackle but we continuously revisit all requests.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:36 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Who triggered that Action Group?

Not to pile on but agree even just formatting the log entries differently might help. Even just having triggers a different color would help. I don't have any real concrete suggestions, and that its on "the list" is fine, but agree there are times when the log entry has dozens and dozens of entries and its hard to figure out what caused what to happen.

Page 1 of 1